My official quit of nicotine.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SuperCalum, Nov 23, 2011.

1. then ur not going to quit

2. Super- How about a little "Holiday Spirit"- give them to a homeless person who smokes while telling them you are quitting.

Saying it out loud to someone else reinforces to you that you ARE quitting! It also will get the cigs out of your reach, bring a little joy to someone who could use some, and maybe put the idea of quitting in his head!

Granny

3. Good luck man! I've tried and failed many times, may you have stronger will-power than me!

4. Totally gonna read this thread right after I smoke a cig bro.

5. I may start to quit, been toying with the idea...

6. [quote name='"[[jamminout']]"]

then ur not going to quit[/quote]

I would like to think I can just I got them from my girlfriends mother, and I still
    Need to pay for em, might sell em and make a quick dime not sure buddy.

7. [quote name='"Psilocin420LSD"']Sell 'em.:smoke:[/quote]

Contemplating it bro haha!

8. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']Super- How about a little "Holiday Spirit"- give them to a homeless person who smokes while telling them you are quitting.

Saying it out loud to someone else reinforces to you that you ARE quitting! It also will get the cigs out of your reach, bring a little joy to someone who could use some, and maybe put the idea of quitting in his head!

Granny[/quote]

If I can find a homeless person I might just do that, I might give a couple boxes to couple of my mates, I'm not sure .. But I made it through the night 8 and half hours keeping strong haha!

9. [quote name='"psilopsyche"']Good luck man! I've tried and failed many times, may you have stronger will-power than me![/quote]

Thanks man! Will try my best ha :)

10. [quote name='"WhereRDaCookies"']Totally gonna read this thread right after I smoke a cig bro.[/quote]

While your smoking it, think of me :O hahaha. Im choking this morning and I'm on my way to work, gonna be a longgg week.

11. [quote name='"[[jamminout']]"]I may start to quit, been toying with the idea...[/quote]

Have a big think about it, can't quit unless you want to mate :/

12. Quitting was the best thing I ever did for myself. It's pretty damn hard for the first few weeks, then gradually gets easier over the next few months. It's soo worth it OP! Do it

13. [quote name='"lbs"']Quitting was the best thing I ever did for myself. It's pretty damn hard for the first few weeks, then gradually gets easier over the next few months. It's soo worth it OP! Do it[/quote]

Thanks man :) I had the worst sleep last night ha, feeling like shit this morning anyhow. I'm off to work so cyaa! Thanks again for the post man and good on ya!

14. Nice little update for you guys;

I'm doing well to be honest, don't really crave anything at the moment, I had a shit nights sleep mind and woke up more tired than I did going to bed. I'm on my way to my job at work though so will see how I deal with the stress. I have 0 cigarettes on me and I can feel my chest getting worse. I don't know if that's the general struggle with quitting. Hopefully I'll enjoy my day, finished early 1:30pm.

Catch you's later!

15. I quit earlier this year for about 2 months. Started for like 2 months again. My dad inspired me to quit, he quit for like a year. but, I know that he has been smoking again. sad.

Then I quit again forever and its been like 6 months since i smoked cig. I think weed really helped me quit the first time and the second was a combo of weed and my determination. No cravings at all:smoke:

Good luck, dont give in.

16. [quote name='"ete23"']I quit earlier this year for about 2 months. Started for like 2 months again. My dad inspired me to quit, he quit for like a year. but, I know that he has been smoking again. sad.

Then I quit again forever and its been like 6 months since i smoked cig. I think weed really helped me quit the first time and the second was a combo of weed and my determination. No cravings at all:smoke:

Good luck, dont give in.[/quote]

Thanks man, happy to here from people who have quit etc. it's hard like. Just need to stop thinking about it. :)

17. ............. I know in other countries they call them fags, but really? ahahahah

18. Just been up the pharmacy and they recommended lozenges as I haven't tried to quit before using Nicorette.
    Will be buying myself some tomorrow when money comes in, but by god they aren't cheap!

19. #40 Storm Crow, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
    Another aid for quitting is tincture of lobelia! It should run you less than $15 an ounce, even at "rip-off" stores. You only need like 10 drops at a time, so it goes a long way. Lobelia is the base ingredient of many stop smoking products!

Lobelia has chemicals that are similar to nicotine- enough so that it can trigger the nicotine receptors in your brain! But lobelia has one BIG advantage over nicotine- it is NOT addictive! You can silence your "screaming" nicotine receptors with lobelia, but not get addicted!

You can usually get lobelia tincture at any good sized health food store. If they don't carry it, you can order it online. Here is an article about lobelia by a doctor.

Kick cigarettes naturally: I need to quit smoking. My sister tried lobelia and said it worked. Is that safe, or is there another herb I can try? - Ask the experts: answers to your questions from the leaders in natural medicine - Brief Article | Natur

Best of luck to all of you!

Granny