My NYC Paraphernalia pickup for me and friends

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by KKoosh, Jun 7, 2010.

1. A preface: If you're a snob, lemme please you:
    I'm sure you're pieces are better.
    I know you'd never smoke out of any of these.
    I'm sure you could get a better deal.

Anyways, I got all this for a hundred and twenty. Not bad, but I always go to the same lady, and when I went-her husband was there! He did not want to haggle, and when I finally got a good price out of him, boy was he pissed. But hey, whatcha gonna do?

Attached Files:

2. Not bad, that's a whole lot of glass though, is it being distributed between you and friends?

3. Yea-I pick up for people so I can afford both to go into the city and get my own pieces. I'm sure you'll be disappointed to know that the trip bub isn't for me, I'm snagging the dragon. I call it dragon bowl z :). I had one just like it before, it broke, and I felt some odd sort of loyalty. I should be going one more time before I ship off to college, I'll probably bump this thread, I'll probably be getting a sizeable bong or two, god knows what else.

4. #4 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
    If your gonna be in a dorm, try to have as little paraphenalia as possible. And a tip for bongs, try to avoid a tube taller then 18".

5. Thanks for the tip, but it's not for me-If I bring anything at all to my dorm, it's gonna be some papers. At least until I decide what I can get away with. I know it sounds odd, but I love the city, love head shops, love haggling, and when I buy for people, I make a bit of money. Those are the real reasons.

6. #6 DeMM, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
    nice pickups! i live on the metro north, wanna go back and get me something too?

edit: nevermind I saw you're from NJ

7. :/ yea. Shit's weak. I would if I could for sure.

8. What are your haggling techniques, I would really like to know this because my local head shop's prices are ridiculous.:confused::confused::confused:

9. thats a sick pickup im headin into nyc soon to do the same lol

10. Depends on the shop. I haggle at Canal Street, but on Saint Mark's, you really can't, not unless they've put their stuff on the street to sell it. Just ask them if they're willing to negotiate, but usually, if they don't initiate the negotiation in some way, they don't want any of it. If their prices are too high, screw 'em, buy online! Prices aren't bad on the net.

11. Ahahahahah. It is SO EASY to talk the price down in any shop, or stand. Especially on St. Marks.

12. my head shop has that same bubbler the one with the dotted lines going down it

13. Sounds likely. It wouldn't make sense for this glass to be made anywhere other than China, or somewhere like it.