My NY growing laws WTF!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gr0wer, Jul 10, 2003.

1. check this out i went to some site to see the laws for growing in my area this is what i found, i cut out the small stuff and this is prety much whay id get but wht if the plants arent in flower? they are stupid lawmakers. I dont think NY has the plant # thing like most states have. Is this like one of those things where there is a error in the laws and you can do it go to jail tehn get out once they realize there wrong? (i forget the name)

Delivery or manufacture of greater than four ounces is punishable by up to seven years in prison and a fine up to $5,000. For any amount greater than 16 ounces, the penalty increases to possible 15 years in prison and a fine up to $5,000.

2. Yeah, the laws are crazy!

I understand that in some states, the penalties are even worse than that! I am in England and our laws are not much better, the penalties almost comparible.

I was recently reading Jack Herer's online book: "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" found here: http://www.jackherer.com/chapters.html

It's a good read for those interested in just about any aspect of Marijuana and particularly it's history.

The laws were pushed through by a total idiot called Anslinger in the 1930s when he convinced other politicians that the drug caused violent and disrespectful behaviour from those who smoked it. He fabricated evidence, misrepresenting cannabis to such a degree that the USA was deprived of one of natures true heros. The main cultures who smoked it were, of course, blacks and immigrants whom government sought to repress.

10 years later, he did a u-turn and convinced government that it made users DOCILE rather than aggressive! He insisted that it should remain illegal because it could compromise efficiency of armed forces. Of course, the influence of the USA over the UN, when it became established, caused other countries to have to tow the "illegalise cannabis" line also.

Nowadays, of course, people are more educated about cannabis and such a person would find it impossible to get such laws passed. But governments, it seems, are still led by ignorants on the matter and so the laws remain in place.

Anyway, I'm rambling!

Chill.

3. yea a saw an hour long show with some of the actual comercials made by the campain of that up tight ass adn all about hte history. Go to pottv.com and its on the bottom right among the top videos its labled grass its like #9 on the list.

4. Yep thats all true,
    Nothing but propaganda and racism,
    It makes ya wanna smoke a joint and kill your family with an axe............lol
    CWL