My Northern Lights CFL Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Donk0420, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Looks super good dude. My seeds just sprouted, I hope they end up veggin like yours

2. Thanks!
    I think I'm going to start flowering tomorrow.
    I can't wait to see those babies blooming.

3. Lookin good dank !

4. Have you thought about getting an hps?You could go with cfl's for like a month into flower, all the time saving and switch to hps. For 200 bucks you could get a 250w hps bulb and ballast and also the fan that I'm using for my 250w. So britelight(w/e) bulb is $30, diy ballast kit is $52, and the soler and palau td-150 fan is $138, so a little over 200

5. I have and it's discussed earlier in my journal. That's next on my list. I am trying to get my air flow and exhaust built first before I add a hot light. Plus this is a budget grow so trying to keep cost down.

6. Here is my final piece until I get my light.
    Just installed this in my attic above my closet to pull air out.

Attached Files:

7. Day 30 veg.

Attached Files:

8. Day 30 veg. Day 1 flower
    Alright let's get our flower on!!

Attached Files:

9. Hey donk, you are going to be amazed when you see the growth spurt in your plants when you switch to 12/12...its reall pretty amazing...doesnt make much sense that they would grow faster with less light...but just wait and see...its an awesome thing to behold.

10. Day 2 flower.

Attached Files:

11. nice looking grow. subbed

12. Thanks Bongripper!
    I sm freaking out a bit but I'm sure they are ok. I left my closet door open with a light on in my room for an hour and a half after my lights turned off in the closet. I'm hoping an hour and a half of extra light won't hurt it during flower. I guess I will have to wait and see if they go hermit on me. But I have a feeling they will be fine.
    I'll post a pic update after this post.

13. Day 3 flower

Attached Files:

14. I wouldnt worry too much about that little bit of extra light they got by mistake as long as the light wasnt to intense. You can get away with exposing them to as much light as they would get from a full moon if they were growing outside...just dont make a habit out of doing it lol.

15. Cool and thanks for the peace of mind.
    The bulb in the room was a standard low wattage lightbulb. And since they are tucked into a corner of the closet I think they were shaded. Still freaks you out when you put do much effort into these plants. I hopefully will be able to sex them here very soon. Can't wait till my next grow. I will be ordering some feminized seeds. Any suggestions on what to order?

16. My first feminized seeds where " Big Buddha Cheese" I loved them, great yielding plants and pretty easy to grow...its a little harsh but its a great bong smoke and high...plus I smoked it almost every day for months and never hit that wall you hit with some weed where after a while you have to smoke a ton of it to get buzzed.

17. Nice I'll check it out.
    I wish they sold a multipack with like 10 seeds all different strains. Or maybe they do and I am not looking in the right places.

18. #98 Grows&Smokes, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
    Im pretty sure they do but its kind of a grab-bag...they just call it a mix and pretty sure they dont tell you what strains you are actually getting...not 100% sure though, never really looked that closely... I would look around, there are tons of choices...to me thats a big part of the fun of growing.

19. Whats good dank. I did a coupl bag seed grows an failed every time. I mean i had females but hermied so soon it was pointless to keep cause there was no bud. But when i ordered i though of strains that i liked or that just looked sexy. So i bought a super skunk, a black widow( white widows cousin =) ) And frisian dew which looks sooooo delicious. Ya'll should look it up! An i got 2 free seeds pakistan ryder an yumbolt 47. So i was stoked when igot my seeds an i grew my free seeds first to see how they go so i can improve my grows in the future

20. Day 4 flower
    I did some pruning of lower branches and leaves that were not getting any light.

Attached Files: