My Newbie Growing Experience

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by chanbran01, Jun 12, 2013.

1. #1 chanbran01, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
    As a low budget newbie grower I was swamped with info on growing with varying opinions on the subject. but this is my account from my experience.
    LIGHTING
    I started with 1 seedling under (2)32w = (4)bulbs fluorescent lamps (alternating 6500k cool white/2700k warm white). I paid mayb $25 total. I also flowered a small clone under (2)16w 2700k warm white cfl's. Pistils showed at apx 1 1/2 weeks, with alot of stretching. Under these same lights i also rooted 4 clones.

2. Sounds like you got the right idea.
    Now all ya need to do is add more light,especially if your clone was stretching.
    If you can get 6-8 cfl's 2700k you'd see a huge difference

3. How much bud did u get? Did u get ud money back

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Yea im gonna buy more fluoros for veg room becuz i dont think MH is necessary considering theyre more expensive and the issue with the heat is bothersome, not to mention i did well on time and resluts with only 2 cheap lights. But i will b buying an HPS for flowering supplemented with a couple 6500k CFL's tho. I havnt flowered a larger plant yet, but i did flower a new clone for the sake of sexing, but i was surprised at the good growth im continuing with it, im guessing im gonna get mayb an oz or more based on all the bud sites and growth progression. But u really dont NEED an HPS to flower with, a couple 2700K CFL can get the job!

5. #6 chanbran01, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013
    Yea im gonna buy more fluoros for veg room becuz i dont think MH is necessary considering theyre more expensive and the issue with the heat is bothersome, not to mention i did well on time and resluts with only 2 cheap lights. But i will b buying an HPS for flowering supplemented with a couple 6500k CFL's tho. I havnt flowered a larger plant yet, but i did flower a new clone for the sake of sexing, but i was surprised at the good growth im continuing with it, im guessing im gonna get mayb an oz or more based on all the bud sites and growth progression. But u really dont NEED an HPS to flower with, a couple 2700K CFL can get the job! View attachment 1224253