Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My new view on munchies

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mstrmatthew, Sep 14, 2010.

1. I've came to realize the munchies are just a big joke. Me and my friend ate a bag of mozzerella sticks after we baked and i was like man im still starvin. He said dude your stomach isnt hungry its just your mouth. So then i realized my stomach was feeling fine i just had this weird feeling in my throat that made me want food. so now when im high i listen to my stomach and not my eyes and mouth. I finally overcame the munchies :)

2. what? why would you want to overcome the munchies? food tastes divine when your high.:yummy:

3. I'm gonna have to come back and read this when I'm sober.

And when my mouth stops yelling at my stomach "look out, here comes more FOOD!" :eek:

4. I'm usually high when it's time to eat anyways...so I just do whatever haha

5. when your high, your not HUNGRY per say but your body is trying to get yout o eat. you know how when you first smoke, your heart beats fast? but once it starts to even out and your coming down, you feel really relaxed. this makes your body think theres a drastic drop of blood preasure. so it gives you an appitite for high sugery and salty things to bring your blood preasure back up. (keep in mind thoguh your blood presure is actualy fine, just due to the extream up and then extream down, your body THINKS your blood preasure has dropped)

6. IDk I just dont get munchies anymore. Which I love. I just stopped eating at all while high and now all I get is thirsty. But who dosnt.

7. #7 Tomato Dog, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
    Haven't had the munchies in awhile, I usually just eat before I smoke so I know it's my body playing a trick haha.

8. I thought it was a hormone which caused munchies

9. This is basically what i was trying to say. i know that im not really hungry because i just ate before i smoked. and knowing this helps me say its just the weed im not really hungry. im hoping after a while i wont even get the urge at all anymore.

10. I eat when I'm hungry, not when I feel like it.

11. ive over come the munchies as well, i just think about how it would taste good but in the end be too much food, and i get this feeling or sensation of hunger in my stomach, but ive been able to mask the feeling of 'munchy hunger' for more of a pleasurable feeling to the body:smoking:

12. Dude... that actually makes so much sense.

13. Does eating bring your high down? I think it may do that for me.

14. well i am stoned right now and I gotta say munchies are the shit man.. its all good i am more of a drink guy so i always have a coke by me

15. i have a personal rule of always eat before smoking. to me, eating dousent make me come down, it just makes me groggy cuz ill usualoy overstuff myself on munchies lol. and just like over stuffing yourself when your not high, it makes you sleepy. same thing for when you are high.

16. My tastebuds go when im high but only with food. If i ha drink it tastes divine so ill always keep lots of soft drinks around aswell

17. Hell yeah my brutha! Especially when you've had cotton mouth all night and then all of a sudden your drinking a chilled lemonade or w/e and it's one of the best feelings everR:hello:

18. It's got nothing to do with that. I wish people would stop making shit up.

The part of your brain that governs appetite is rich in cannabinoid receptors. When they get tickled by the THC it stimulates appetite.

A similar phenomenon causes red eyes and dry mouth, in that the part of the brain that governs tear and saliva production is also rich in CB1 receptors.

19. I thought red eyes were due to the decreased ocular pressure and added blood flow?

20. It decreases ocular pressure, which is why it helps glaucoma patients. It does cause the capillaries to expand some because it's a vasodialotor, but that only adds to the effect once the eyes dry out.