My New soon to be build, what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by DeadHead510, Jan 14, 2014.

1. #1 DeadHead510, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
    So I'm building a new pc and would like some opinions. Here is the build http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Deadhead510/saved/3r55The case I'm going with may not be everyones favourite but I got it for 20 bucks and it has everything I want so you know... Also the PSU will fit in this case. But yea other than that how do you blades think it is. Note: key board, speakers, mouse, monitor were all employee discounts and the rest if the build is less than what Pcpartpicker is suggesting.

2. No one has any thoughts on the build?Sent from my LG-D803 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Personally I would spend less on the motherboard and buy a better gpuSent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I already ordered all of it, and fair enough but it's a 770, a nice card and assuming I got a cheaper motherboard, the next best motherboard would only be $30 less and there aren't many cards better than a 770 for $30 bucks more. Also the mobo came bundled with the 4670 for $419 so it was actually a really decent deal. Thanks for the input though. Sent from my LG-D803 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. he chose one of the better i5 processors on the market afaik.

OP what are you gonna be using this PC for? gaming? it'll be great if thats what you plan to use it for

6. Looks like a good build, will serve you well for years to come.

He means the OP could have gotten a cheaper i5 mother board and used that money towards a stronger graphics card ;)  Really if he needs to he could always sli in the future although it might be pushing the psu.  But as is he will be able to play most current games on high...while high.

7. uh why is the 120gb SSD over $200? is it a fancy one.. can't you get 120gb for like $95 on sale

8. [quote name="llllllllll" post="19353355" timestamp="1389907675"]he chose one of the better i5 processors on the market afaik.OP what are you gonna be using this PC for? gaming? it'll be great if thats what you plan to use it for[/quote]Yea it's gonna be a gaming rig. Sent from my LG-D803 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. [quote name="whammy" post="19355356" timestamp="1389928860"]uh why is the 120gb SSD over $200? is it a fancy one.. can't you get 120gb for like $95 on sale[/quote]Just realized I put the wrong one in there, the SSD I got was the Kingston SV300 124 GB for 86 bucks on sale at NCIX, not $200. $200 for 124GB SSD is just pointless eh. Sent from my LG-D803 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. [quote name="Airf0nz0" post="19353427" timestamp="1389908561"]Looks like a good build, will serve you well for years to come.He means the OP could have gotten a cheaper i5 mother board and used that money towards a stronger graphics card ;) Really if he needs to he could always sli in the future although it might be pushing the psu. But as is he will be able to play most current games on high...while high.[/quote]Thank you and yea I mean the 770 will be good for now and its like 250 cheaper than a 780, and the PSU was also on sale for $90 so if I do ever plan to SLI I can just get a new PSU. Sent from my LG-D803 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. you wouldn't have been able to get a better gpu with the money saved with a cheaper motherboard anyways, unless you were to get a 290. Good choice motherboard btw.

12. Great price for a tier 2 psu.  Anyway the 770 should be good enough for a long time,  I'm still able to play games on mid-high using my old gtx 260 core 192 gpu.

13. [quote name="Airf0nz0" post="19357273" timestamp="1389956310"]Great price for a tier 2 psu. Anyway the 770 should be good enough for a long time, I'm still able to play games on mid-high using my old gtx 260 core 192 gpu.[/quote]Gotta love PC sales! And nice, yea I mean I'm coming from a GTX 570, so I think I'll see a pretty sufficient improvement. Anyways thanks everyone for all their input, I'll upload some pics when I get everything and it all built.