My New Setup (Please Look)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Reggae420, Feb 22, 2009.

1. I know its still not great but everything here including the lights, pot, soil, plywood, and paint only cost me a total of $30, I am getting a fan soon and probably another light and Im gonna try to improve it anyway I can, more advice would be great, just let me know what you think, thanks.

One Love

Attached Files:

2. any more advice??

3. Just a suggestion. I like the space you have to grow in and I was thinking maybe you could split it in half horizontally with the ply wood and veg and flower at the same time. Then you could get some clones going and have a constant cycle. Just a thought

4. Thats not a bad idea, I think im just gonna focus on one plant for now and try to learn as much as I can from my first grow becasue I still dont really know what Im doing, but then that deffinitley sounds like a good idea

5. looks good. keep it up

6. Thanks man, I appreciate it

One Love

7. [quote name='prideufc83']looks good, keep in mind that eventually they are going to smell! i hope you have a plan or a budget to keep that situation under control. Growing is fun but its not fun when you get roped!! LOL, good luck and keep this in mind.

I live in my parents house since I am still in High School and my parents are cool with me growing one plant so the smell isn't an issue really.

8. I just got back from Home Depot and got another light fixture, I will be running 3 CFL's on this plant

-2 30 watt
    -1 45 watt

Is this good enough??

9. Not bad

It would be best to put light on more than one side so it doesn't grow lopsided.

You need fresh air!

Not bad for a first. I think you will find that an enclosed grow area will be easier.

Tip: Once you get a shoot make sure not to over/under water it. Check a inch down to see if the soil is moist. If no then water lightly.

Good luck!

10. Okay thanks man, Should I just put a fan in there to get some airflow? Will that be enough? I have onle ight set directly above it and one light on the right side and one light on the left side which should balance things out well. Is tehre anything else I can do to improve this?

11. You might want to spin the plant every day or so. The reason for fresh air is to supply fresh CO2 so the plant can breath. An open window will help but i think a vent like the one coming from your bathroom would be a good thing. You could also use compressed carbon dioxide, yeast, or these http://www.4hydroponics.com/grow_room/co2excellofizz.asp

12. yeah but if u spend the time you might as well do it right, i mean unless you really are just experimenting. weed is a weed, haha. it will grow pretty easily, but there are techniques for more/more potent bud. if its a first grow then just do it to have fun, not as a cash crop. lmao.

13. Yea man ill deffintiley get some of those, thanks for the advice. I cant wait for it to sprout, Im gonna have 105 watts of light on it, this should be okay right?

14. yes, but more light more plant