My new Hi Si

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by stonymtn, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Bought this the other day, so far i only smoked bubble hash from it. Works great, i have another glass bong, its about 3 feet bit i keep it out in garage.

Attached Files:

2. Ah geez, why sideways..

3. nice. got any vids?

4. Nah not yet, ill post one when i have a chance to take one though.:)

5. Enjoy! I used to have a HiSi beaker and I loved it. Great air flow on the bowl and diffy :)

6. I love my HiSi!! I used to have a no name ac on it. How do you like the HiSi ac?

7. Hisi hits great. Big fan. Nice pick up

8. Ah the dreaded sideways pic, milk vid please. :bongin:

9. I'd like to know this as well, thinking of buying one for my bell perc HiSi.

10. I bought the ashcatcher yesterday. No drag at all. A bit over prices but nice.

11. I was thinking it seemed a bit on the high side for such a simple ac, but I like my things to match if possible/practical, and I'm spending a fortune on iso.

12. Well I will say this after I hit it I took another look at the ac. The design is actually quite good. If you notice right after the bowl it opens wide up. And the stem inside the ac is as wide as the joint and the slits are big. It really does have no drag. Kinda nice really.

13. MAN! That's the same setup I have! The only slight difference is that I got the ash catcher with a 45 angled joint so it sits more parallel with the tube. And, yep, the AC was priced too high but works well....put jusssst enough water in it to cover the slits and no more -or else it will kick ashes into the main tube.

In all honesty...I liked it a lot...until I got my little K-Nine Tubes Pug Macro bubbler. Now the HiSi never sees the light of day...but it IS a really nice bong....But, yeah, that setup is the twin of mine! Cool!

14. Anyone know where to buy Hi Si glasswork online?

15. I've always wondered why some people hate on HiSi (not saying right now). Granted I don't have any experience with them, but I always thought their stuff, at least sounded nice and most of the personal reviews I've read, love it.

Just seems to be this group of people, that is dead set on ripping them apart.

16. go to their website and look for the "find a retailer" link. i looked endlessly online and couldn't find HiSi anywhere, as far as i can tell you can only get them in person at a shop....

also, i have the same tube as OP and a HiSi travel bubbler i use for concentrates. love them both. best glass i've ever owned and i've had ALOT over the years....in fact i'm gonna go put clean water in my tube right now and take some rips! :bongin:

17. I've Owned 3 HiSi's when I was first getting into scientific glass. Its decent entry level glass, but they have some very weak spots, But also have alot of positives about them. Their High flow bowls and their downstems function damn good. But some of the welds have been less than solid. I had a straight tube triple U perc that hit super smooth for sure, but had a freak accident happen and busted the tube where the female was blown out. Glass was sooooo thin i couldn't believe it. Maybe 1mm thick where it had been blown out.

Basically they are pretty decent entry level tubes, but can't count on them to last too long. They hit smooth for sure, just lacking in structure/quality a bit.

18. mine seems extra thick in the weld area where the female joint is attached.....only time will tell though, its only been a month so far..

19. I personally own and use a HiSi daily, and I can tell you that while they're great bongs, the reason they're hated on is that for a similar price there are better options out there. Where I live the headshops have little variety for scientific glass, so at the time it was a clear choice, but for less than what I paid for mine I could have gotten an apix and been just as happy if not more. If I had known beforehand I probably would have gone a different route.

20. Thanks for the answers! Makes sense and is more than plausible.

Appreciate the info.