My New Boss...

Discussion in 'General' started by LauraJadeth, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Possibly smokes???

I only started this new job on Tuesday, today I noticed that notepad she's using has a cannabis leaf on the front and a little one on each page.

She's in her mid forties, 3 kids and 2 step children...her 16 year old daughter is pregnant and she's going to be a grandmother soon :)

So yeah I don't know what to think about it really, should I bring it up? You know, just be like 'oh that's a cute notepad...' and see what happens?
    Or just look out for more 'signs'?

I don't know where she got this notepad from cause they don't sell it in the store we work at (we're in the office...notepads are a must lol)...the delivery guys must smoke weed at the front of the store cause sometimes it absolutely stinks and I inhale like a bitch trying to figure out where it's coming from. Never found them though.

What do you think then blades/bladettes?

2. Bringing up the notebook gently might be a good place to start.

If you've only just started the job, I'm sure you'll get to know some of the other employees better soon, and you'll find out who is chill. Once you make some office 'friends', perhaps you can try and get the inside scoop.

3. she may have got it off her daughter and her daughter smokes? idk, give it a shot though

4. I dunno...she goes to meditation classes and stuff too so it's a possibility!

I hope so, it'd be suhweeet.

5. It might be a bit to early to start things off that like. Settle down and get to know your co-workers. I'm pretty sure the co-workers know a lot more than what you've observed.

6. #6 Shipwreck, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2010
    I'm the manager of my store and if a new employee came up to me and asked me if I smoked I would probably:
    Not tell them
    OR
    Let them go.

It's not their business to know, plus the age old quote applies "Snitches get stitches."

Get to befriend the person who is closest to the boss and then bring it up with THEM but NEVER your boss first.

Also, what do you think would happen if you asked her if she smokes?
    Do you REALLY want to smoke with your boss?

7. this is just like the smoking with professor thread, same shit wtf

8. woops wrong video....

as stated have your flyswatter handy,,lol

................[ame]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVQTIka8vC4[/ame]

9. slow down cow girl. we have a long time at the rodeo. you been there 2 days and ur thinking bout burning j's with the boss. you havent even gotten a pay check from them. if i were you i would show the boss(es) that you are a valueable employee with a strong work ethic before you let even the janitor know you enjoy getting high

10. wait for more signs. wait like couple weeks, if any other clues pop up then sure why not? but be subtle about it. and dont give away that you smoke weed.

but with her life, i would smoke too, a shit load, everyday.

11. that guy in the fly swat vid could prolly use a couple rips during his day

12. That guy needs to get swatted

13. Lol! I wasn't actually planning on going up to her and asking if she smokes weed. It's a curious thing though, this notepad. I didn't see it today and I haven't said anything about it.

And I'd never want to blaze with my boss, never dip your downstem in the office ink ;)

I also wouldn't want her to know that I smoke UNLESS I knew that she was doing it too.

They're pretty relaxed about drugs and alcohol so long as you're not doing it at work. There are signs in the kitchens/bathrooms saying
    'Do what you want on your own time...drugs, alcohol and work don't mix'.

14. She probably does, bring it up casually sometime in the future.

15. I know you're a girl, but is she hot?

16. No, no she is not.

17. Some people like to hide they smoke weed, u know... anyone can bring you down if u know they are on something illegal, wait a few weeks I think, and wait for more signs, later on u can tell her "where did u get that thing?, its pretty cool" or something idk, but not too rude u know...

take care ;)

18. I've got a friend who became casual with her suspected stoner boss, who eventually invited her to a BBQ and the discovery was made that the boss has a green thumb. So who knows, stay cool with the boss and you could land yourself in a pretty good situation :D