My new babies.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Layers429, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Hi everyone, id like to introduce you to Mary, and Jane. (Yes i know original)

They just popped through the soil last night, this is my first grow and would like to know if they're doing alright. Just a note Jane was germinated 2 days after Mary so she still has her seed on.

Mary:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jane:

[​IMG]

I see them as my babies, and im very excited to see there growth.
    Thanks for reading guys. :smoke:

2. even tho its such a great stage to see it also is the worst cause it takes forever to grow and mature.but in the long run it will be well worth it

3. I enjoy this stage for exactly that reason so far.
    Theres no rush here, i like going out for a while and coming back and seeing how they've matured. They sure do grow faster then i thought.

4. oh yea they seedlings do sprout quick.but when i starts to grow the main leaves and start stinking.thats when it feels like its taking forever.when i grew last year for my first time it was big as hell but took forever to show its sex.I started with 15 and ended up with 4 females.here is my first grow check it out thires a few links since i posted updated in fresh threads throughout the grow http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-marijuana-growing/658952-my-all-natrul-organic-babies.html http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-marijuana-growing/664667-update-first-grow-bag-seed.html

5. They look beautiful, im sure you were one proud father.
    I don't plan to have my pants grow anywhere near that high.
    Im only vegging them for around a month and also im going to be using the LST method on them seeing as right now my grow is in a 15x15 inch area.

We all have to start somewhere.

6. oh my bad i thought it was an outdoor grow.But in my opinion i think weed plants belong outside.Simply because sunlight is a natural food and you cant fuck up the light cycles with it either.Also just cause its a plant I belive plants belong out side and stay outside

7. What lights are you vegging and flowering under?

8. I look forward to outdoor growing for the simple fact that i can get bigger yields and i can watch them fully mature without having to flower early due to space. However its 34 degrees where im at right now and im pretty sure my babies wouldn't enjoy that. I took the picture outside of the grow box for lighting purposes.

9. Vegging two cool white CFL's (Pretty sure the wattage is around 80-100) I threw away the package so im unsure but i know i met the requirements.

As for Flowering i haven't bought them yet, any suggestions?

10. yea its cold as hell here to.I live in jersey.I wish i lived in a tropical area

11. Well due to your space situation, most likely Cfl's for flowering too. You could get a small 150w hps, but I would just go with the red spectrum cfls. Low cost and great for beginners.

12. Thanks man.