My new aquarium

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by rossignol, Jan 20, 2014.

1. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390258243.692534.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390258311.962957.jpg I got it like 3 days ago the black fish is named derpy :) I like to stare at the tank after smoking xP I watched it for like an hour yesterdaySent from my iPod touch us

2. Aquariums are often more entertaining than TV! I have a 26 gallon in the living room and a few 10 gallon ones scattered through the house. I find is amusing that my huge ugly monster of a plecostomus is a gentle giant, while the gorgeous, iridescent blue, betta is nothing but a bully, always nipping at the other fish.

Keep an eye on your fish's eyes- that type of goldfish, a Black Moor, is prone to eye damage.

Granny

3. Fish are so chill

4. Next investment.

5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391336986.041098.jpg Sorry guys I couldn't resist xDBeer Before Budz, Stuck in the muds ButBudz Before beerYour in the clear!

6. Tanks r awesome! Why not try for a planted aquascape? For $20 more you can order java moss and attach them to driftwood and some other free floating plants as well. Snails and algae eaters r great investments, and also some brine shrimp to hatch to live-feed.

Go youtube: nano aquascape. You'll find great inspiration to give your fish a better life and habitat.

Btw, live plants can help you keep your tank clean and oxygenated.

I had a gold fish that grew from a quarter coin size to a soda can size. Had alot of worms to feed em and live plants.

M3ssenger

7. Love aquariums. I have an aquarium with a turtle in the living room I really enjoy after smoking. Window into another world.

Sent from my Nexus.

8. I have a 55 gallon with a atleast 13 inch orange tiger oscar he's Awsome. Then I have another 55 gallon with two turtles in it an a koi fish. An a Betta that's my wife's in the kitchin

9. I've got a 90g Tanganyika community tank and have been setting up a 135g the last few weeks which will be a tropheus tank.  Fun stuff!

10. What plants do you big aquarium owners recommend? And is it hi-tech/low tech? Do you recommend a co2 diffuser for the plants?
    Im planning a heavy rainforest style planted 20-gal tank with two bettas, male and female.

Probably will add tetras

“The most important things are the hardest to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them -- words shrink things that seemed limitless when they were in your head to no more than living size when they're brought out. But it's more than that, isn't it? The most important things lie too close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you've said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while you were saying it. That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a tellar but for want of an understanding ear.” Stephen King

11. aquariums are fuckin bad, man
    its like a lava lamp..but with fish..a-and no lava

12. fish are awesome. I used to have a 55 gal salt water reef tank but had to take it down. it was the best blazed

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. That is cute, had an aquarium once then I used it to grow

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Awesome man. I love having fish tanks. Long ago I managed a large aquatics department where we ran 5 systems that were around 1k gallons each. I started out with freshwater stuff for a few years then got bored with the selection and switched to saltwater. I am waiting until we buy a house to set up another but this is my last reef tank. 12-5-06-2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Oof, i wont touch reef again. It's like having a baby!

I will say it was amazing, every square inch was teaming with life.

I had a nice hard coral setup,and went through a bad power outage and lost a good amount of stuff. Never recovered.