My Neighbor Gave Me A Plant...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by seanmcoen, Jul 20, 2015.

1. But I've never grown before. Im also uneducated on the subject and don't even know what to do, or where to start. I grow peppers, in a closet, so I have some equipment already. I need alot of advice.

What I Have Already -
    The plant
    uploadfromtaptalk1437421526854.jpg
    The light I currently use
    uploadfromtaptalk1437421557513.jpg
    The light is in a reflector.

Questions -
    It needs a larger pot, right?
    Do I try and flower this one, or would cloning be a wiser choice?
    Is the light sufficient, or do I need more?

I'm know I'll have more questions soon, but that's what's on my head right now.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2. U need to start educating yourself in growing cannabis.
    Do u know if it's a female plant? I'm assuming the person told you it was.
    Yes, it could use a transplanting. If your going to keep that one for a mother then your going to need more light for clones, as well as flowering lights. Plus cloning supplies. You'll need more soil if your going that route.
    For now transplant it the best you can..looks like a big plant, u may need help from your Neighbor. Get a good soil with good aeration. Anything you buy that's pre mixed won't have enough perlite..so make sure u buy more. The light u have is ok to keep that one alive.

3. It's hard for me to see... Is this multiple plants in one pot or did your neighbor add dirt to the pot above the first node. From my view you have multiple branches coming out of the soil. If this is the case it may pose problems for transplanting however cloning will work if you pick the best looking branches. All this is just my opinion of course.

4. Wow, it's hard to believe that plant got so big in that little pot! It actually looks really healthy, a little yellow at the bottom from the poor light penetration of the cfls. I normally use 3 gallon smart pots (fabric pots). I've found that you can get bigger plants in smaller pots with fabric. The light that you have is a 6500k cfl which is used for vegging only. You need to get a 2700k cfl for flowering if you're going to bring this plant to harvest using cfl. I recently switched from cfl growing to led. A 300w galaxyhydro led is only a bit more than $100 and it works much better than my old CFLs. Also you can use the same led light for vegging and flowering vs having to change the cfl bulbs. What Trichuk said is right about the soil, get a good soil mix without time release nutes and don't skimp on the perlite or you'll get super tightly packed soil and your roots will suffer. When I started with my first plant, I took a couple of clones off of her and then brought her to harvest. Then I took a couple clones off of those clones and so on. That way you can get a bit of harvest and test what your genetics are like before going all out on the cloning.

5. . I didn't see all those branches coming my out of the soil, I wonder if they just threw a bunch of seeds in the same pot, looks like more than one plant to me. Good luck!

6. Lol hell yeah it does..looks like 15 plants.

7. If that's the case I would clone the healthiest looking branches and hope their ladies. No doubt this thing is root bound. No way you can separate them in a transplant. I can see why your friend ditched this cluster. Clone multiple samples from different branches to increase your odds of pulling a female. Flowering this thing would be alot of work not to mention your surely going to have one male which will pollinate the rest. Wow, personally I would chop it, dice it then flush it. Sounds mean, surely not what you want to hear, but this thing is going to be alot of work regardless of the path you take

8. Ummm, this isn't my thread. Not my friend.

9. Pro-Mix HP has plenty of perlite pre-made if your looking for good aeration in already made soil.

10. #10 Trichuk, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2015
    Whats the mix in pro
    Nvm, I looked it up..yeah it does have a good mix...I'm a coco grower.

11. Dont know go look. I know it doesnt have very many amendments but it is high in perlite. A man can use it with some FFOF & see nice results. But could also work by itself.

12. Thanks for all the help, so far. This is one plant. My neighbor is a 78 y/o man who found a plant growing outside our building, and put it in that pot. It is a female plant. He only ditched it cause he's moving. I put it in a 5 gallon bucket, with perlite and organic soil mix. I clipped off the best branches and made clones (I already have rapid rooters laying around, clone alot of tomato plants). I'm gonna head to the shop tomorrow and get more light.

I use seabird guano for my veggies. Is this a good fertilizer for the plants as well?

I'm exposing the clones to little light for the first few days. What light cycle do I run them when I place them under the lights?

13. Well I know you should run your light on 24/7 or 18on and 6 off. Not to sure about that fertilizer..what is it..20-10-10 or?

14. It's 10-10-2.

15. #16 TiPWiLL, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2015
    If you go organic which im assuming you do for the peppers if you consume them you will have less to worry about. Make u some simple soil. Get some EWC (they fix almost every organic problem you may run into) and you shud be good. Aloe works fine for cloning so no need to buy expensive chemicals. Coconut water and aloe with compost teas shud b all u need. Of course some more light. And u will want to have 1area for veg and one for flower. Or grow in outdoors. In my area I can't because of the weather but from my reads on here it seems like outdoor grown tastes better. And from my experience organic tastes better and is healthier for consumption.

Either way u decide to go there are some great stickys here that will give you ALL the info u need. FYI the organics have its own lounge full of friendly people who love to help.

HAPPY GROWING!