My Name Is Cocaine

Discussion in 'General' started by overgrowray, Aug 1, 2002.

1. :) Thanks. It's always good to hear that people are here for me. But, I have no idea why I'm unhappy. I just get like this sometimes...

I think you'll have a pretty tough job looking for info on Phil Cooper. I've tried on a few search engines. I only have one of his books (he has 8, i think). And, I finished school last year, so I don't know if he comes there anymore. The book I have wasn't ever on general release. He just brings a box or something whenever he visits a school, and you can buy it there.

I spoke to him once, after a talk he gave, and he's been through some real tough shit in his life. He's lost a few friends to heroin. His best friend died in his arms. I think he mixed some pills with booze or something, and choked on his vomit. Bad way to go.... His mother also forgave him for what he'd done with his life, and then she passed away that same night, from cancer.
    He always says how he hated LSD, and only did it a couple of times. But when I first met him, I noticed he had a bad limp. I asked him how, and he said sombody spiked his drink with LSD when he was at a bar. He was tripping, obviously, and walked out of a window thinking it was a door, a few stories up and landed on his leg. He'll probably have that limp forever, and he says he suffers when it's cold. I'm suprised he even lived. He says it was about four or five stories high, but I guess it's because he landed on his leg, and not his head or his back...

Anyways.. I'm rambling.....

Thanks again for starting this thread, and keeping it going :)

2. This phil cooper guy has some pretty decent poetry, but am I the only one that noticed the similarity to some particular kinds of propaganda? I dunno, I don't wanna be a bastard and just say it's bullshit, because I'm not one and it's not bullshit. but I've done extensive reading on the drugs involved and stuff like that doesn't happen that much. It makes me think of the urban legend about the babysitter that takes acid and puts a baby (or a pet, or something) in the microwave and eats it. People don't just walk out of windows on lsd, nor do they have acid flashbacks that make them jump at wasps. The poetry does reflect a raw talent though. It just seems to have been mixed up with misguided attempts to demovize particular things. btw, some drugs need a li'l demonizing, I've never had a good experience involving cocaine. Thanks for sharing D9.

3. I always think i'm gonna get in trouble or like I fucked something up when i'm on shrooms. It's funny, I'll be sitting there hella scared and I don't know why.