My mushroom experience

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by bdingalu, Oct 26, 2009.

1. I had been excited for this moment all week. Since my last experience that didn’t go as well as it could I had vowed I would find a better location where I could experience mushrooms for what they really are. So when my friend invited me to trip with them I was incredibly excited. I had a week to wait and by the time Friday came around I was dripping with anticipation.

\tWe came back from downtown at around nine o’clock at night and dosed in my friend’s studio area. I was with her, M, and three other friends, R, C, and G. We got in her Jacuzzi to wait and soon I started to feel the magic coming on as I hadn’t eaten for at least seven hours. I lowered my head into the water so my ears were submerged while my nose was still above so I could breathe and as I watched my friends converse in the Jacuzzi, which had magnificent lights that periodically changed colors, I began to create my own conversations for them based on the colors of the water. Soon enough they’re faces were covered in fading in and out geometric patterns and I was basking in the complete comfort I felt. It seemed as if I had returned to the womb, I was in complete comfort as I watched the world around me. The last thing in the world I wanted to do was leave that position.

\tAfter about an hour and a half of blissful thinking in the Jacuzzi we got out and dried off in the cold air and my friend and I ran to the studio area where we would be spending the rest of the night. We ran in the door expecting warmth and when it was just as cold there as it was outside we burst into laughter choking out words describing how we had expected it to somehow be exceptionally warm. We wrapped up in nice clothes and blankets and talked sitting on a couch for a while. I went to the bathroom and after finishing my business saw myself in the mirror.

\tStaring at my reflection I sat up on the counter and pressed my face against the mirror. It wasn’t long before I had started talking to myself and soon yelling at my reflection. I was holding onto my backpack hugging it tightly the whole time and conversing with myself about myself. I came to realize I should respect myself more and so I promised myself I would and then acting as the part of my mirror-self, yelled at me to respect myself. I eventually put in my headphones and turned on Pink Floyd’s Wish You Were Here album and spent about forty minutes sitting on the bathroom counter curled into the corner hugging my backpack as I completely lost myself and conversed with myself. This was by far the most powerful moment of the whole experience for me and I truly learned to respect myself.

\tEventually I left the bathroom and walked to where my friends were laying around and rolling around while talking. My friend R had a spoon in his mouth which he ended up spending the whole night with, I viewed it as having become his piece of reality to hold onto and love. I decided I would only be happy when I found mine and at this point with Pink Floyd still going completely lost my ego. I felt lost.

\tI ran back the bathroom counter and talked to the mirror some more. As I came out again I saw M and R lying on another bed staring into a large mirror that was leaning against the wall talking about the perfectness of the room. I walked into the other room where C and G were sitting and I saw that G had taken out scrabble and arranged it into the word “joke” and then separately, a random jumble of letters stretching halfway across the room over the top of the word. She read me what it said. I asked her, master of scrabble, who I noticed was chewing on a scrabble piece to find me my own scrabble piece but instead just picked up a “B” and held it closely. I later played with it in between my teeth.

\tI went to lie down with R and M in the other room for awhile and G ran in and gave two blank scrabble pieces to M who also began to play when them in her mouth. We talked about the mirrors all around the studio and then I spotted a wonderful hat sitting on the counter. I grabbed it and put it on, I was overjoyed with it. My ego seemed to come back now and I seemed to slide back into what seemed my rightful place among friends as we talked about how nice of a group we had. I felt loved. My friend R went into the other room to get his fake mustache that he had bought for Halloween and put on a hat as well. We all burst into laughter at him and he began to speak random Spanish, we all speak basic Spanish. I was talking to him about how I could not even comprehend how I could possibly speak Spanish as it seemed I couldn’t think about the words but then I found myself responding to him in Spanish. I gasped and yelled a, “What the fuck?!”

\tAfter recovering from another giggling attack we all sat up and went into the other room where we sat in awe once more at G’s scrabble setup. We all sat around now chewing and toying idly with scrabble pieces and R with his spoon. I was perfectly content and overjoyed. Eventually we started to come down. R and I took a couple valium to cool down some as we both get very anxious and panicky come downs and then laid back. M and G went into M’s room to sleep and after about twenty minutes I fell asleep too.

\tIn the morning I was overjoyed at my experience and when I feel my mind has been recharged, so to speak, will definitely indulge in the joys of mushrooms again.

2. "I'm speaking Spanish, holy fucking shit!" :laughing:

3. At the time it just seemed so impossibly amazing lol.

4. Lol you went back to talk to the mirror some more....lmfao that's normal.