My Mushie Harvest

Discussion in 'General' started by KingPins, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Well I remember about a week ago someone had asked me to update my old mushie threads.. i decided to make a new one..

Heres some pics I took a couple minutes ago.. pre-harvest, then a harvest picture.. Ill be harvesting the other casings tomorrow probably.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mmmmmmmmmm :yummy: :D

3. Yeah, I picked that first batch a day or two early.. I just wanted to make sure I had enough drying room for my other mushies.. I really need to invest into a better drying technique than just a little box fan.

4. Nice shrooms KP. They look good to me dog.

5. I've never tried mushrooms before, but want to before i take Acid. Seems like a great investment. Been thinkin bout heading to the woods and eating whatever i find, maybe i'l get lucky:rolleyes:

Great harvest man, very respectable.

What part of the midwest you in?

6. Thanks man :smoke:

What you getting into tonight?

7. a) wrong time of year for wild mushies

b) dont eat unidenified mushies.. many can be lethal and may appear to be edible

8. Not to sound stupid, but where did you get the spores to grow these?

9. I made a spore print from wild mushrooms.. from a spore print, you can then make a spore syringe, which is used for a multispore innculation.

Soon, Ill become much better at doing cloning, which will greatly improve my results.

10. yo we need to chill!!!! you spot the mush.. i'll spot the ganj. :D

11. I'm still doing all the research before buying my first syringe and giving the mycology thing a whirl.

Thanks for the inspiration, looks like you've definitely got it down.

12. Yeah man, you are doing it the right way.. research, research, and more research

After that, it becomes a science experiment.. you have to tweak shit the way you need it to be.

Best of luck to you.

13. Pretty nice - I'll have to chat with you sometime about what method you use to grow. Do you find that harvesting early makes them more potent? Like before the veil breaks? Personally, I feel that I trip harder when the caps open and they drop their spores but I can't say for sure. Usually I will just harvest some when the caps have opened and some when they haven't so that I get a good mixture. I'm just going by a couple of super intense trips that I've had with open-capped shrooms.

14. those are some sexy shrooms man...

how much weight you got there?? or is that batch not fully dry

I bet theyre delicious :yummy:

15. Nah, there is no potency difference between open caps and closed caps.. although its something mycologist will agrue about all day.. although we do agree that if there was a potency difference.. it would be very very small.

probably 20-30g once they are dried... and yeah, i just picked that batch today.. couple of hours ago actually.

16. nice shroomers man. im gonna get me some next weekend.

17. There is no greater trip than off of your own homegrowns :D

18. if you put them on cookie bakinf sheets and then put them stacked about 3 inches from each other then you can maximize your wind.

or better yet use some of the cash you get from selling and go buy a bigger fan.

nice crop by the by.

19. yeah. i have them on those little lids.

I plan on building a drying box here in January.. put a huge fan on top with 2 large shelves below for drying.

My drying technique now sucks and takes 3-4 days usually.

20. On a scale of 1 to 10 how hard do you think growing shrooms would be cause i have been wanting to try it for a while but i read about needing a pressure cooker and i dont have one of those