Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Mum Found My Lighter

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Soul Asylum, May 30, 2013.

1. #21 JimmyTbag, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
    good job telling her, my mum found out when my brother (accidentally) told me to lay off the pot (in a conversation about me starting to revise) right in front of her! it was quite funny actually. she probably has opinions that are way too exaggerated about pot, just explain that it isnt a problem unless you let it take over your life. explain that health wise its one of the safest things you can put in your body and if you have things like good exam results or a steady job to help your cause use those too. theres no point wondering weather you did the right thing since its done now.

talk about it calmly like its not a big deal and (i hate to use the cliche) compare it with alcohol (which she's probably fine with you drinking) 

plus the fact that you didn't lie is a very good thing because it emits the opinion that pot isn't something that should be lied about. if you'd have lied and then they found out later it would have seemed like a bigger deal. this way your eliminating the misconception, one parent at a time  :hello:

2. If they get mad, just be like "Hey, at least I was honest!". 
    Your an adult so you can make your own decisions.
    As long as your not smoking in their house or whatever, since they seem to be against it, than it should be OK.

You described my exact situation. Lol

4. imo telling her was probably a mistake but you'll be fine

5. Nah you did the right thing bro. Lying just digs a hole and it'll eventually cave in on you, especially with parents.

Look at it this way: Your mom was surprised that you smoke! That could be a very positive thing, because she should realize that it hasn't affected your personality in any negative ways then. Your parents will most likely have a talk with you, and you need to be straight with them. All parents are different though, I could be wrong.

When my parents caught me, they sat me down and tried to tell me to stop. I told them "no, I'm an adult, I can do what makes me happy". They didn't like that answer, but they knew on the inside that they really couldn't stop me from smoking....they physically couldn't. They told me they were grounding me for 2 weeks (which ended up being like 5 days lol). After that I kept my shit hidden a little better, but I think they understood and were accepting of it after that. That being said, I wasn't blazing up and going in front of them high all the time, I still avoided getting caught as much as possible. Was never caught again except for a lighter showing up in the laundry here and there, but I said they were for candles in my room.

6. Should of not put it under your mattress could of just said it was for fireworks or something

7. That's why you should have back up sticks of incense whenever somebody asks. 

exactly, if your mature enough to have the balls to tell your fam, I believe you are mature enough to handle ze herb

9. exactly, if your mature enough to have the balls to tell your fam, I believe you are mature enough to handle ze herb
    </blockquote>
    Boom^ don't listen to the kids sayin shoulda lied. You did the right thing and it'll help in the longrun. Best thing I ever did was be honest w my folks when I got caught as a teenager.

Sent from my LS670 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I say you did the right thing. It's nice to have things out in the open anyway. I say stress that it's not the foundation of your life. Make sure they know you have goals and are still motivated and the ganja just helps you enjoy everything a little more. It lets you take a step back and take a look at things from a different perspective.

I have the balls to tell everyone in my fam if they didnt judge and just got dissapointed and shit.
    But if they take extreme measures and make my life hell, well then I would rather not tell them as of yet.

Tell them when you can lead your own life.

12. I think you did the right thing.

I'd try an educate them a bit if you can and perhaps explain your motivation behind smoking.

Mine are still uneducated about it...and they pretend I don't smoke lol.

13. Should have said you're an arsonist. Chicks dig arsoni-oh wait, you said your mom right? Moms dig arsonists.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Grasscity Forum mobile app