Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My mother wants to get high with me...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by The_Green_Goblin, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Ok, so this may sound a bit weird, but my mum is a fucking legend. She has never tried weed before, but has been through a lot and wants to expand her life, try new things and explore new places. So, she has asked me to smoke with her, teach her about it, how to smoke it and what it's good for... to kind of guide her through her first time.

She is also quite a heavy smoker, and I know cannabis has some amazing qualities that help people beat addictions. I want to be able to help my mother beat this addicion by using weed and other things like nicotene gum and such... but I believe the habit of smoking SOMETHING will help her win the mind game, as lollipops helped me when I gave up.

I would love to help my mum and give her a really nice supply so she can have a few puffs a day or whenever the cravings strike... What kinf of strain would be good for beating addictions and such? I'd be keen to grow a plant for her, or even let her grow one...if she can keep something alive. We call her 'Black Thumb' haha.

Any advice or help would be great, guys. Also, in a country where its illegal as shit. So don't have quality access to anything unless i make it myself.

2. Ya, it sure can help. It took my mind off of wanting a smoke and it releived the need to smoke. That was huge for me. I don't think one strain over another is going to be that much of an added bonus. I think it is the way ganja frees your mind and releases anxiety and stress that is so helpful to someone trying to beat an addiction.

Here is what I did.

Used nicotine patches so I didn't have to make any choice between chewing gum or smoking a cig.

Used a rolling machine to roll doobies because it gave me the feeling of smoking with out actually smoking. Kind of like I was cheating lol. It did help. I actually had a cigarette case I used that help 8 or 10 doobies. I could pop one out and boom, life was all good again lol.

Positive affirmation all day every day. I was saying stuff like, I sure am glad I don't smoke any more......I am feeling so much better now that I don't smoke any more.....I am saving so much money now that I am free of smoking....

I also made myself think of nasty things when I wanted a cig. Things like how bad it sucks to step in dog shit while bare foot....how bad I feel every morning when I was a smoker....the fear I had in the back of my mind for all of the horribly, terribly bad shit that happens to the health of those that smoke....cancer, lung issues that keep you from breathing so you slowly suffocate...

For me it was a mind game. When I finally convinced myself that I hated smoking more then I liked it I was then able to quit smoking for good. No second ought, no cravings, nothing but this one final resounding thought.......

I AM SO FUCKING GLAD I DONT SMOKE ANYMORE!!! JUST SOOOOOO FUCKING HAPPY I BEAT THIS EVIL MOTHER FUCKER!!!

That's what worked for me. I hope that it works for your mum broski! It didn't work for my mom and she is now sick with some pretty horrible shot and all of it is due to her smoking those evil god damn things. Just strait up fucking evil. The was a study done where they measured the strength of ciggarette addiction and they found it to meet and exceed that of heroin addiction. Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Good luck to you blade!

3. AJ,

You and me both man! I was on 40 a day before I quit, and I went cold turkey. It was ridiculous. So I'm hoping to save my precious mother a lot of anguish by helping her quit. It's so awesome to hear you had some amazing success with it, and those mind support mechanisms are so crucial when the addiction is telling you that you need it. Your information has been extremely valuable to me, and I thank you for such an honest and personal response. I really hope your moms health turns around man. Smoking is worse than heroin. It's cheaper, has poison in it...and you can get it anywhere,. My old man quit when he was 62. He had been smoking for 40 years. So proud of him. He's stayed right away, taken up the gym, has a nutritionist.. As soon as the chains of the cancer sticks are broken, the whole world seems to open up

....and you smell better haha

4. I used marijuana to help me quit cigarettes

encouraging her to quit smoking should be numero uno

🐜

5. I accidentally kind of started the bad habit of smoking cigarettes on the drive after toking, or if I'm out walking around. At first it was to get the smell like tobacco instead of ganja. Now I find myself smoking more cigs than ever :/ I mean I can go weeks without em but then have weeks where I'm at multiple packs. Just don't want to be pushing my luck, random I know I'm sorry! Good replies in here though. Anyways that's cool id love if my mom wanted to toke with me! That would be a nice bonding experience haha. Anyways good luck, I'd say don't start your mum on a bong haha, maybe just a little spoon or a bubbler possibly to help the temperature some. Get some good quality if you can so she doesn't have to hit too much, or roll up a doob haha but that would feel weird. Have fun with jt

6. dude, you STARTED smoking.....

If some random stranger walks up to you, smiles and then knocks you the fuck out, it was me.