my money situation is epic fail

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by imap30, Jul 31, 2010.

1. #1 imap30, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2010
    So i had planned to be growing by now and the only thing i have been able to buy due to all kinds of misc expenses i can not control i still haven't saved $1.

I quit smoking weed. - last month
    I quit drinking pop. - last year
    I quit going out to the bars and drinking alcohol as a whole. - in may
    I cut back on food expenses and stopped gaining weight. Last week i cut back even further and have lost 5 pounds in the last 7 days.
    I stopped driving my car except to work and to the grocery store. - last month

I did all this to save money to to make a grow op. Thanks to mother nature(hail), my ex gf(clumsy), and getting robbed by people pretending to be my friend, I still don't have a grow op.

the silver lining?

I am only breaking even on my financial situation. If i wouldn't have done all that stuff, i probably would have lost either my car or my apartment 3 months ago.

2. Good job on not losing your car or apartment I guess? :confused:

Kinda confused what you're trying to get out this post. Kudos on whatever it may be and good vibes your way.

3. keep an eye out of craigslist for free shit....people give away dressers and shit like that that you could use as a growbox all the time. grab cfl's when ya can. grab some splitters when ya can. do it $5 at a time, you can grow on the extremely cheap, don't get discouraged. you only need about $20 worth of shit to start. you can always add more when possible. there is a guy growing in yogurt cups on here....you can do this.

i know how you feel being strapped. i've sunk every spare dime i've had into growing the last 6 months, and i haven't had many to spare. basically my job sucked before, and now they've started cutting hours so if my plants start to smell horribly i'm screwed. mainly because i'm over due on all my bills (except rent), no food in the fridge, almost out of gas and have $60 to last me 2 weeks. so that means no fan, or carbon filter just yet....life is fucking FUN!!! on the plus side of all that, i've only had to buy about an oz. of herb since may.

next friday is harvest day though :D i hope.

4. yea man im in the same boat. the last two pieces i need for my project, and i cant afford them because life has been fucking me. lol. good luck to the both of you, it will work out in the end.

5. a simple cheap method is a CFL / Rubbermaid - soil grow -- 50 bucks tops for the first 4 weeks - maybe another 25 bucks after that and you can produce minimum 1oz up to 4oz [perfect case scenario] --- 2 plants -- 1 drying one w/ aprox 3/4oz and one still going at worst case double that - total cost 100.00 [bought some better nutes] -- this has kept me from going crazy til i get my new 4' x 4' x 6' tent & HPS setup

6. Dude it sounds like you avoided disaster using your own stimulus plan :)
    Heres a thread on growing on the cheap http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-growing/415015-see-what-you-can-do-under-30-a.html
    You can get yourself started pretty inexpensive and acquire req. stuff's as the plant develops.
    A bag of Kellogg's Patio Plus is only $5.00 bucks at Lowe's, H.D. or O.S.H., good enough for one grow and many people just use plain out of the tap water never checking the P/H and use un-sulfured black strap molasses to keep your benie bact in the soil fed.
    A couple of 40w CFL's, splitters & sockets and you could be growing.
    Best Regards,
    S.S.

7. besides the first post made by a confused person, I have gotten a lot of help and support. thanks!

8. ya man it is possbile to start a grow very cheap. hopefully u ger back on ur feet and start smokin ur own product for "free"!

9. im there with you man.. these are hard times I say

10. took me 4 yrs to get my stuff together

11. Check out freecycle.com as well. TONS of usefull shit on there. All free, just come pick it up. Good luck!!!

12. i would like to give you guys my thanks. I just sold one of my 3 monitors i use on my computer and I am going to use that to start a cheap grow op in my closet.

Thanks again. +rep when i can hand it out again.

thank you! thank you! thank you!

13. #14 deacon, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2010
    thrift shops fuckin' kick ass.....fans $2....squirell cage super blower $4...6 fixture bathroom vanities..for cfls....4......cabinets.....25....old entertainment centers,,,take out the middle shelf...you got veg and flower...check em out...people give away great shit:D light bulbs.....pots........garden shit...flexible lights...i found 2 25 yard tubes of mylar...3 each???????a little at a time and i found its better to save longer and wait longer and get what you really want rather than setttle for something not as good cause you can afford it...that will cost you in the long run...i find leavin' a box of 357 shells laying around in plain sight has greatly cut down on my rip offs:wave:...like 0...keep up the good fight...it will pay off.....ps would you be savin' more handin' it to the mids man???:smoking:

14. I was originally planning to spend $1,000 on a fancy hydro setup.

soil is cheap though. I spent $100 and got everything but a carbon filter and fan. I can get those when i start flowing the girls i germinated yesterday.

15. any set up is better than no set up! (soon to be) free pot is the best pot!