Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Mom.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cigarelephant, Dec 23, 2010.

1. #1 Cigarelephant, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010
    First off I would like to say that I am 21.

I was talking with my mom lasnight about smoking weed. ( of course she did when she was my age, almost everyone has atleast tryed it. )

after showing her what " todays bud looks like "
    she told me that they never used to have the actual bud of the plant.
    and that it used to have a very minimal smell.
    that made me laugh because the chron i have right now i would consider a medium grade strain with a medium smell.. haha i need to get ahold of some skunk shit so she can take a wiff of that!

anyway they just smoked the dryed and grinded up leaves and seeds.
    and mom told me that when they would roll joints ( thats all they smoked )
    that the seads would pop in there face when taking a drag.

i found this really hard to beleive that they would smoke THE ACTUAL LEAVES!

so i though i would come ask in the forums.
    back in the day, she said it was in the late '70s
    anyways what i would like to ask is this.

in the 70's did weed not have buds like they do today.?

pre-thank you for answering!

happy toking!
    and Merry Christmas!!

2. Yup. Finding a bud in your sack was like finding the prize in the crackerjack box :D

The stuff got you stoned though. I would say the same as today's mids.

3. #3 Roachbud, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010
    Also...there were lots of seeds. We didnt smoke them on purpose..but occasionally one or two would get in the joint and pop...and burn a hole in your couch or car seat. :mad:

Joints and various pipes were pretty much it. I don't remember having the nice glass you have today. I am talking 70's Suburbia here.

4. I told my dad not to smoke seeds/stems but he says fuck it, throw everything in. I was like fuck that I'm never smoking one of your joints.

5. LOL thats hilarious.
    definatly made me laugh.

and to roach. thanks for letting me know!
    that is extreemly funny do you think maybe the buds were kept for higher paying drug dealers?

like they pre-picked them off and sold them to high paying people?
    or was that just how weed was grown? basicly no buds?

6. Loved Valium

7. LMAO

I remember My mom rolled a joint one time and as I was puffing it a seed popped.... Lol I always grinded up the weed for joints after that.

8. I personally wasn't alive back in those days but I have several family members who are and still toke today.
    I can assure you that YES they did smoke the bud of the plant.

9. I wonder if anyone else was hoping to see a HOT picture of this kids mom. :confused:

10. 'n lots of drugs. :smoke:

11. .... Of course the bud had buds. Thats a part of the plant.... :confused: It didnt magically change.... :confused:

12. My Dad use to smoke in the 60's he said you could buy a bag(can't remember what it was called maybe just "sack"). It just a giant bag of weed not really measured out for cheap as hell. Something like 20 bucks? He said it was mostly leaves and stems with a little bud but that's all they had to get high.

13. yea my uncles who smoke todays top notch strains are always braggin about back in the day " columbian gold, panama red " bla bla bla,
    and if u actually find a high times mag from like 1975 with panama red and columbian gold it ill be brown fluffy leafy small buds.

i should give him a bucket of leaf seed and stems for 5 dollers and just be like "the good ole days huh?"

:p