my mom just kicked me out of the house...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by tokeallday, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Bullshit. I'm assuming OP is like many young adults and doesn't have enough money to throw down a security payment plus rent for atleast more than a few months. 

I would say you need to convince your parents in some way that they can see you being responsible while smoking. That's how mine gradually came to accept it. I went from hiding dime bags in my room and my mom breaking my door lock to get in and find them to smoking with her and her boyfriend directly. I don't know if you go to school/college or have a job but if you don't and you want these things then go out and get a job or apply to some schools or keep your grades up/improve them. Even if you think you don't have to, which I can understand, what you're asking for here is your parents to sit there and let their kid smoke weed. Whether or not it's harmful, you'd have to be a parent to understand. Weed might not be a bad drug but it still counts as something that alters your brain chemistry to some degree. 

Remember; you control the weed, it doesn't control you.

2. So instead you would rather smoke and drink and then make threads on GC asking for advice. Genius.

3. Will be? Unfortunately, the system is designed to keep them down. But I agree, work two jobs, get a friend or two and rent a place. If you can get a small affordable place solo... you can grow your own. If you trust your friends won't jam you up you can grow together..... But NO LOOSE ENDS. Unless you don't mind digging holes in the dark of night and carrying heavy things to throw in them. Lol

4. This thread is useless. You've already identified your options now pick one and live with it. Threads like these only invite jack offs who get self esteem by judging how other people choose to live their lives. They piss me off more then you do.

you just need to grow up some homeboy. weed and alcohol aren't that important.

6. You should move over here to Idaho. The government will pay you if you go to school over here.

7. Her house her rules so stop complaining. Weed in general still has a bad rep among a lot of people. Many people despise weed so you have to understand from that point of view even though weed is safe. If you somehow moved back to your mom house and still want to smoke just lie to her that you'll stop but smoke secretly. That means taking extra precaution.

That is another shitty excuse. Stop spending it on weed and alcohol, and learn to use your money to support yourself. Save up your money for a few months instead of blowing it all to help get yourself started. If you had already been doing that, you'd have enough to go live on your own for a while. Fuck, I swear to god people of my generation are so financially misinformed its ridiculous. What do you think your use of your money tells your mom? MAYBE THAT YOU SMOKE TOO MUCH?

It's Yin.

10. You guys saying to get a job act like its easy..it can take months to even find a minimum wage job working fast food. Maybe when you were growing up it was but now days its not depending on where you live. 

11. So many ignorance in this thread.
    How is one able to afford a good education if you're kicked outta the house at a semi-young age and having to work fulltime at a shitty job just to get enough money to afford the shittiest apartment in the city? I am absolutely convinced many people have way more potential than they are showing, they've just been held back by circumstances that didn't allow them the opportunity to fully develop themselves.

Murderers aren't born, they are created.

12. [quote name="tokeallday" post="19409862" timestamp="1390755692"]well thats my problem. i dont want to just stop my life and have to work just so i can provide for myself.. i dont want to spend all of my money on rent and food i need that money to save for the future for travelling/car etc.. not to spend on rent and working everyday at a shit job,, i aint about that life man[/quote] Just stay with your parents bro take advantage of it. Started from the bottom now we here..! 🎶 Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I was incorrigible at 12, emancipated at 16, learned to run and do push ups at 17, and was 18 and green with a new M-16.

Your days of living under mom and dad are done. Where ever you live now is gonna cost you to be there. As hard as you thought it was, now comes the hard part, especially if you're unprepared. If anyone did feel sorry for you, it wouldn't help your situation one iota. 
    Self esteem and moral comes through discipline and responsibility. If you put nothing in, you get nothing out. It's time to learn it, and earn it. You'll feel much better when you do.

14. #34 sw1ne, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
    You guys haven't been 18 in a long time. Most jobs at his age don't go higher than 9.25, which doesn't leave him much money left for herb after rent and other expenses.

@OP If your mom is against weed, she's also against you. More than likely it will take a while for her to accept, but then again some people never do. Keep your head up. Live as if you knew once you left you won't be looking back for anything. It's pretty melancholic to hear a mother and son not getting along, until you realize you're an adult and you've got your own life to live. Btw MSU? (Mississippi state) you might've found a dealer :). Start buying ounces and selling grams and eigths and you'll have more money than your parents would after half a year of wages and an annual bonus. You could pay the rent at 3 different spots if you're really determined to get out of there.

15. I couldn't agree more with the people in this thread.

RIght now I'm 21 and I'm moving out after working a job for over a year and going to Uni on weekends and it took a hell of an lot effort to be where I am. When I hear people saying shit like "I don't want to spend all my money on rent or food" I go batshit crazy, because that's just plain fucking stupid.

OP, if you don't want to live with your mom that's fine, just move out and don't ask random people on the internet for advice. If you're mature enough to move out then just do it, stop whining like a little b**ch, get a job, save some money and move out. 

People who call this an entitlement generation are right, but it's the parent's fault - they raised a spoiled brat who never had to work for anything, the only reason OP's doing work right now is to have money for drugs, alcohol and parties. Would be different if he had to work for food and rent. But hey, he doesn't want to spend his money on that. Haha

16. Michigan state university haha, and ive already got a pretty good connect there. But i did go to highschool with a girl that got a full ride to Mississippi state for volleyball.

All of my glass has meet a series of unfortunate events, I bought a new beaker bottom and named him Lemony Snickets

17. I had a choice to either get kicked out on my ass or leave when I graduated high school. I went out and found myself a job two months before graduation, and worked there for about 7 months, paying my rent and for food. It sucked. Then I met a guy who came into my work and saw me busting my ass for shit pay and offered me a job busting my ass for good pay. Stop hiding behind bullshit because there are people whose life story will make you cry and they're doing alright now because they didn't spend their money on weed or booze when they couldn't afford it.

18. Hahahaha You're awful. 

19. Bullshit! I worked at a carwash for $1.35hr while living in a hotel downtown with a bathroom/shower down the hall.
    None of this is easy, but the sooner he gets a grip the better off he'll be.

20. You dont "want" to spend the bulk of your money on living expenses? A lot of people dont have a choice, be grateful. If you live under someone else's roof you abide by their rules or get out its quite simple.