my mom is so dumb

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by skaterkidgreg20, Aug 17, 2005.

1. every time i go out she gets all suspicious.. all cuz she knows i smoked weed before... how do i get her off my back.. and no it wont work for me just to get her to lemme smoke weed. i tried it already

2. you could always try to portray yourself as a newfound anti-pot nazi.

3. You've gotta understand that most people who haven't tried weed think it's worse than it actually is. Your mom is just looking out for you.

I'd say the best way to "get her off your back" is to explain to her that marijuana isn't as harmful as she thinks, and that you're going to be responsible about it. It's just important that you let her know you're not going to quit, but you will be smart about it and not do something stupid.

Beyond that, it's just her.

4. hahah.. its not like i havent tried it before.. i took her to all the websites with statistics and she still has her firm gay ass stand on it... she thinks it causes psychosis or some bullshit like that.. how gay is that

5. Well my parents are the same way, well not so much as they used to be, since they went through the exact same thing with both my older brothers..except much worse. LMFAO>

6. Hey,

Actually, it enhances the symptoms of those already diagnosed with psychosis. What do you tell her when she asks you where you're going when you go out? Make up a reasonable excuse everytime. Peace.

-Timmy

7. i say just be honest with her. i'm a mom, and i need to be able to trust my kids. she's just worried, and misinformed. if i wasn't a smoker, i'd worry too the way they portray pot. and what it can lead too. let her know that yeah, u do do it, but u use it responsibly<--- key word here, and go into that for a bit lol. and if ur life isn't goin downhill, ur not getting into trouble, and ur telling her the truth, she'll be able to trust you, she'll be like hey, he'll be alright. he's a good kid. and she will be off your back. that's just how i see it. good luck;)

8. It sounds like your mom has you out smarted. In that she is succeding with her goals, and you are not.

9. With most parents, or mine at least, no matter how hard you try, no matter how much info you give them, they'll never be ok with it. No matter how you look at it, it is illegal, and most parents aren't cool with their kids breaking the law. That's how mine are, and I've come to accept it. So my advice is to move out if she won't get off your back, unless you're a minor, in which case you're fucked. God I love college!

10. I know how that is man. A while ago my mom was like "weed is the worst drug, blah blah blah!" Then I got caught (by the school) smokin. Yeah, she bitched for hours and I got the lecture. But over the years, she would always smell it on me when I got home from my friends, but she never said anything about. I wasn't getting in trouble, my grades did slip (but that was only cuz I had surgery and was out of school for a couple weeks), then I graduated high school (I think that helped too..alot!!). And now, she's all "The government is worrying too much about pot instead of the really bad drugs, murders, and rapists. It's fuckin stupid!" So, basically, the links I sent her didn't really help much. So I did the next best thing, I showed her that weed is not bad and that someone who smokes weed can achieve goals and get ahead in life. Yeah, so my best advice is dont let the websites talk for you. You just gotta show her and prove it to her that weed isn't as bad as the government wants you to think. I hope I helped you out. Keep smoking, peace.

11. you know man so is my mom..and i come to the conclussion if she thinks smoking its bad then thats what she thinks is best for you she is going to enforce not smoking it..i mean she is just careing for you and dont want you to get hurt..im just saying man just let it go...it will pass bye.....just be anti-drug around her..

12. my mom pulls that crap....

the other night right before I was going out, my cell was ringing like crazy person after person, and before I left, my mom said somthin about all the calls, and asked "What do they all want" I said "I dunno" and she goes "I know what they want" so you know what I did? I said "yes mom, they want pot." and walked out the door. She didnt call once that whole night, damn straight i need my privacy when im smokin!

when your 18 they lay off alot man! ive said it so many times before. if they dont lay off you after your 18 your parents have some controll issues and you should get the fuck outta there.

i dunno tho man, your in it worse than i am, if my moms paranoid or not when i go out thats her problem, as im just going to go out as usual. the thing is she doesnt act on anything other than being annoying and taking all the lighters out of my room so when i go for a smoke i dont have shit! im always buying those fuckin things.

13. Damn, a lot of 18 year olds still live with their moms... :rolleyes:

14. be responsible... show her you can manage your life properly while still smoking weed

keep it on the low as well that you smoke weed..dont bring it into her world as its obvious that she doesnt agree with it

15. Try to just be honest with her, but know when to not tell her things. I guess, just don't lie to her. Showing her that you're responsible about it will be the best, and don't flaunt it around the house. Peace man, and good luck.

16. So what, most 18 year olds arent finacialy(sp?) dependent to move out.Also most 18 year olds are still finishing high school and it would be a real pain to move out just to move out, cause you'd need to move somewhere close to be able to get to school.

edit- i do understand what your trying to say

17. i had hd that talk with my mom it takes a while shell come around they always do

18. When I was younger I would of NEVER in this world EVER thought my parents wouldnt care that I smoked pot. I turned 18 and it was a whole new world. Alot of parents really do back off after a while, Maybe you're get lucky.

19. what you need to do is quit for a while and prove to her that you arent and she will eventually lay off.

20. My parents found out that I smoked, I guess from the smell, and I didn't get grounded. They just sat me down and said "Don't let it fuck up your life." My dad gave me this lecture on how he used to do all these drugs when he was in high school and college, and that the reason he couldn't finish college was because he got busted for drugs. Part of the agreement with him to not get charged was to leave the school permanently. Now, I did leave them with this feeling that I wouldn't smoke anymore. Right...

A lot of times parents just don't want you to let things slip out of control. Show your mom that pot is not what it's cracked up to be. Like, keep it secret. For a long time. Make awesome grades in college, or high school depending on where you are, get a good job, and then tell her "Hey, guess what. Look at me now, and I still smoke."