My mom is nuts

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Tinkerbell26, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Ok my mom is insane....shes always been super strict. I was never allowed to go to the movies with friends bc she didnt like the way ther parents raised them,they were white,ect ect ect,I was never allowed to go to a friends house to visit nor spend the night anywhere. Once at age TEN she made me take a pregnancy test bc my period was A DAY late(yes she counted the days):eek:.Well it was my first year getting my period and every woman knows that your first year youre gonna be HIGHLY ireegular.So my period at age ten was scary and confusing enough but then my mother starts yelling at me saying i was fucking some dude in my FIFTH GRADE class. She made me pee on a stick then she looked at it and said it was pink (when it was an off white but it was white)..then she dragged me to the store and was yelling at me the whole time people in the store was looking at her like she was crazy. Now i look young im in my 20s now and i could pass for 16 so at age ten i looked about 8. So everyone in the store was just astonished that my mother was making me take a pregnancy test. The check out lady asked how old i was and told my mother that at age ten in my first year im probably just irregular. She got mad at the check out lady and yelled at me somemore. We got home and i peed on another preganancy test stick(an expensive clear blue easy one) and of course it said i was not pregnant. Her excuse was that her hormones were off balance and she heard about a ten yr old girl being pregnant. She apologized TEN YEARS later:rolleyes:...i doubt she was really sorry she prolly still thinks she was right.

Ok i went to a junior college for my first two years a commuted BIG mistake....i was 23 and she told me i was not allowed to attend the colleges pol party because the "lord revealed that there was danger" she wouldnt let me stay at the college later than 4 not even to do school projects because it was dangerous. She refused to get me a car (no im not being a brat i needed a car to get back and forth to school) because it ws too much freedom for a woman in her 20s. So i spent the first two yrs of college being shuttled back and forth by my mother.

Well i left the junior college and transfered to another school where i stayed on campus. It was great i had plenty of freedom and it was far away enough she couldnt pop in anytime she felt like it. Well i graduated and i figured since i had been away for 3 yrs shed see me as an adult..Well the moment i got home it was hell. Grauation day she spent the WHOLE DAY yelling at my stepdad bc he sat near my aunt who she cant stand. She screamed all the way home(two hour drive)accusing him of having an affair with her. She then refused to pick up my graduation ice cream cake because she was "too angry" with my stepdad. I offered to drive and go get it and she said no she didnt feel comfortable with me driving her car alon. About a month she started to tell me i couldnt close my door during the day bc my stepdad was wondering what i do in my room alone all day,she wont allow me to drive her car alone,Im in my 20s and STILL dont know how to drive on the interstate bc she refuses to teach me.

Now im selling avon while i look for work...since i have no car of my own i have to use hers to get the things that customers order to them. My orders will arrive monday and i cant get them to my customers until 3 or 4 days later because my mother claims shes "too tired" to go across town. Why shes tired i dont know she doesnt work(shes retired) she sleeps until 3pm eveyday(somedays 1pm) Im the one swho cooks and cleans so i really dont know why the hell shes tired. Im not trying to be a brat but she complains about having to pay for stuff when it comes to me BUT she wont allow me to do what i need to do to make money until i can get a full time job.:(

2. #2 Leapfrog, Oct 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2008
    What parents like your Mom don't realize is they make it much worse for their kids by sheltering them and keeping them from learning how to deal with and grow in to real life.

On edit: When you move out have some real physical distance between her and you or she will continue trying her best to make your life miserable.

All those years lost. Girl I feel sorry for you. Keep doing the right thing and get the hell out of there - ASAP!

3. she thinks that not allowing me to do anything kept me safe.....she accussed me of telling everyone shes nuts when in fact i dont hav to they see her actions and draw conclusions from there.:rolleyes:

4. Your mom is a crazy bitch. Tell her you're fucking 23 years old and you're old enough to do some shit on your own.

5. Absolutely!

Stay the nice person you seem to be and continue working on getting out of there, try involving her as little as possible in your actions about that or she will try to gain control about that as well.
    You haven't seen yet what (some) parents are capable of when it comes to that but you already got an idea.

You are entitled to have your own life.

6. One more thing: Maybe you can move in with friends so you can jump start your own life!?

And please don't allow her to cause you having a bad conscience by putting a guilt trip on you! ("It's all your fault, you can't leave your mother who cared for you all those years blah blah blah...")

7. Aahhhh the famous guilt trips. People who use them know what they are doing. Guilt and fear are the two strongest emotions a human can endure. Remember, her actions are her own. No matter what you say, you cannot change her. My mother was and is still like this today to the members of our family. Take everything with a grain of salt, trust yourself and you will be fine. Good luck.

8. ur mom sounds insane.

ur 23 and let her tell you what to do. take her to a psychologist with you. soon after move out and start living your life.

9. God damn, your mom really is fucking crazy. I mean that in the nicest way possible. You need to have a serious talk with her about how your driving her out of your life. I'm really sorry to hear all this. Wow, I feel blessed with the family that I have. Again sounds like a terrible situation to be in, sorry to hear that. You need to change things. Oh and your not being a brat, if that was my mom, I would have flipped out on her ass lonnnng ago.

10. #10 GrinS, Oct 3, 2008
    Wait so...... you mom is this strict about you driving alone?

You can't have ur door shut?

Im sry, but this is as much as your fault as ur mothers. Get a backbone and move the fuck out. Or just keep doing what you want, no matter what the fuck of a bitch of a mother you have says.

I can't believe a 23 year old (thats 2 years old than me) would be this much sheltered and NOT know what to do.....

Obviously you been outside of this household for college for 2 or 4 years and you know how the world works.

Is there a reason you are still staying with your rents? Its NOT common for a 23 year old to be living at home, let alone with those conditions.

Does she have a lot of money? The house is a mansion? what? I can't think of a single thing WHY you would still be living there.

Obviously YOu have a degree, something that I don't even have.

You afraid of the real world? cause your crazy whore of a mother has scared you your whole life?

Obviously you know that's not true, and so does the rest of the world.

I also have to question why the fuck are you posting this on Grasscity, if your mom is so strict and a cunt, then when and how do you manage to smoke cannabis?

I just pulled out a 20 dollar bill and put it on my nightstand betting your mom goes to some church, worships some piece of shit god, or/and reads some bible.

And if you say something about how you dont have enough money to move out, thats the biggest bullshit ever also.

I fucking worked a 9 dollar a hour job after 18 to live on my own, and I DONT have a DEGREE like yourself.

GOD having a degree opens so many doors for a future..... jesus fucking christ.... If my mother or father were like that, I would be fine with never seeing or talking to them again. But maybe cause im logical without a degree, and your without logic with one....

11. holy shit, your mom is psycho. my mom used to be like that to a degree but not nearly as bad as yours. i'm truly sorry for what you had to go through and my best advice is to tell her you're getting a full time job and moving out as soon as you can.

i mean my mom used to call me every hour to see where i was and i got to the point where i would just say i'll be home later and just hang up.

so concentrate on getting your own apartment, maybe with a friend or two to make it easier.

wish you the best!! :D

12. #12 Rotten_Apple, Oct 3, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
    i feel so sorry for you. if i were in your position, i would of killed her. i would of planned it all out to the point where i couldnt get caught. and id simply kill her. i know its your mom. some people would have found that very difficult to do. me...if i had enough reasons i could kill anyone. even my own family. its odd how i think this way. but in your situation, it would of been for the better. do something about her before she does something to you even more. or worst. before you do something to yourself. good luck.

or grow balls and move out. shes not the queen of the world. the worst that could happen is feelings getting hurt.

13. #13 Tinkerbell26, Oct 3, 2008

yep

I didnt say i did not know what to do im just telling my life story isnt that what the name of this forum is???

bc i graduated in may and where else am i gonna live with no job a cardboard box?

Im living here until i can find a job ...if you havent noticed pal the economy SUCKS:mad:

yes i do ...you can have one too they offer college courses online :)

again im trying to move ...and in the mean time i sell avon so i can save up money

I smoked all through college and before i graduated i bought an ounce and i smoke it LATE at night outside on my back porch...i live in a VERY rural area.

yes shes VERY religious...hey i believe in God as well but unlike my mom i dont take it to a level of crazy. Please dont call my lord and savior a piece of shit youre being rude

Uh again didnt you read what i wrote before IM LOOKING FOR EMPLOYMENT SO I CAN GET ENOUGH MONEY TO MOVEEEEEE. Im sure being out in the real world since 18 you do know you have to pay first and last months rent along with the deposit and all of that takes MONEY more money than i have (all 150 dollars in my account whoop whoop).So im not being a lazy bum pal like you want to believe im actually LOOKING for employment.

This is the second time youve mentioned my degree dude again you want one take your 9 dollar an hour wages and put it toward some online courses and get yourself one...troy university classes are like 200 dollars for 8 week classes i should know im going for my masters when i find a job.

damn dude you sure are hung up on my degree ....do i detect some degree envy?

Nope im using logic ...i have enough logic to know that in a month or two i WILL have a fulltime job and then i can buy a car and move the hell out....if i just jump up and leave i have no where to go. My friends live with thier parents (btw they are 23-25) while they look for jobs as well. I also have enough logic to know you are uncouth,rude,and judgemental. Im on here telling my life story just like everyone else....but you cant see that all you can see is that i have a degree and you dont which dude who cares??!!!?? you want one go sign up for some finacial aid and go take some classes...i mean really. I worked my ASS off for my diploma and you arent gonna make me feel bad for that one litttle bit.

14. Just let her know what your all about and tell her to let go of the leash she has around your neck.

15. Keep selling avon until you can afford a decent hitman. .

make sure you can kill the hitman after, thus removing all leads back to yourself.

and have a nice life

16. I could not imagine what it would be like to have parents like that. my mom is crazy in ways that are insane, but i have always had freedom to do what i want for the most part. i have many friends with similar, but not as hardcore, situations with their parents. but from reading your posts on this thread its a miracle you stayed as sane as you seem, with such a filtered view, as in your mom basically wont allow you to fully live a life. personally i am not religous and i have strong feelings against religion, but i understand from your perspective religion, or gods existence, makes sense, but personally from mine it makes little sense....anyway i feel the only thing you could do, again only an idea, is make sure that she kno's that you ignore what she says when it makes no sense to you. make sure she knows that when she is bein a bitch you are only doing what she wants not because you agree but because she is stubborn. sometimes if they really know themselves that you disagree with them on such a crucial level, they might maybe loosen the leash, maybe. good luck savin up money and getting out of the house.:smoking:

17. Holy shit, and I thought mine was bad...
    I don't think you should discuss/mention/hint about your plans for moving out with her. There's no telling what she would do besides guilt tripping you. And when you get a full time job: the more hours, the better. Not only will you earn more, but it will also be more hours out of the house.

Btw, what is your step-dad like in this? does he take sides? Avoids getting involved?

18. He has told her shes too overbearing and she has gotten EXTREMELY ANGRY with him...so now he just shuts up especially since shes caught him checking out other women....another example of her nuttiness she tried to STAB yes STAB him with a kitchen knife because he was looking at a woman in a store. I had to hide all the knives for like two weeks.

19. hahahahHA :hello: + rep

20. Well atleast she doesn't know you smoke pot, that would just be another thing to hear her bitch about everyday. She'd probably NARC on you