My Mom Could Benefit From Weed.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by kd0G420, Aug 11, 2012.

1. #1 kd0G420, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
    My mom has extreme OCD. She cleans non stop. Like she is one of the people who will hire a cleaning lady once a month but will clean before they come so they don't think our house is a mess (which it isn't... It's literally like a museum). For example if we are about to leave for the day she will vacuum my room (I have never had to clean my room cause she has to do it her way... I hate this cause I barely have my own space). If I forget something and have to go back in my room she has to vacuum it again cause there will be footprints on the carpet. If she doesn't feel she has sufficiently cleaned she gets really anxious. I have recently joked with her that weed could help her relax and enjoy her home more rather than always trying to clean it. She hates weed (Crackhead son (not me, my brother)) but sort of accepts that I smoke once in a while. She has no idea how often I smoke. Also today she started complaining about back pain, and I jokingly suggested weed to help. I honestly think she could benefit from marijuana and would like to get her to try it. Any suggestions?

Edit: Also please don't say give her edibles. I'm not trying to poison her lol.

2. I honestly don't think pot would help her unless it was indica to mellow her out and make her wanna relax.. sativa would just.. probably make it way worse.

3. Get one of the kush strains, it'll put her right to sleep

4. Have you considered showing her medical studies about how cannabis can help her OCD? Dronabinol/Marinol is a legally prescribed drug and is a synthetic THC. It is also quite expensive, so growing cannabis to get her THC the old fashioned way, seems a reasonable thing to do!

Improvement in Refractory Obsessive Compulsive Disorder With Dronabinol
    (letter - 2008) PsychiatryOnline | American Journal of Psychiatry | Improvement in Refractory Obsessive Compulsive Disorder With Dronabinol

Medical Marijuana and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (news – 2009)
    [FONT=&quot]https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/content/ailments/view/49?ailment=obsessive-compulsive-disorder[/FONT]

The new "High CBD" strains of cannabis, don't get you very high. They only have a tad of THC and a bunch of non-psychoactive CBD.

Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an anxiolytic drug. (full – 2012)
    Revista Brasileira de Psiquiatria - Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an anxiolytic drug

As for how to introduce Mom to cannabis- edibles are one of the worst ways to acquaint folks with cannabis! The results are just too unpredictable!

A vaporizer is the best way, IMHO. Less harsh on the lungs, and easy to control the dosage. A lot of the smaller whip-style vaporizers are "cute"! lol :D

If you want to smoke, stick to a joint or pipe. Some of those fancy bongs and such are intimidating! Blunts should not be considered for medical use- we all know tobacco is bad for you!

Tinctures are nice. You can roll them around in your mouth and the THC is absorbed through the gums and tongue. Slower than smoking or vaping, but faster than edibles.

Most tinctures are made with alcohol (the highest proof you can find). Alcohol burns the mouth and injures the tissues.

However there is an alternative to alcohol, food grade glycerine. It tastes sweet, is mildly warming in the mouth and is so safe, it is used as a base for kid's medicines. You can find it at your local health food store. Herbalists use it to make cough syrups, etc. WildWill has a thread on making glycerine tinctures-

WildWill's Glycerin Tincture HOW-TO (forum thread- 2010)
    [FONT=&quot]http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/655899-wildwills-glycerin-tincture-how.html[/FONT]

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:

5. My moms got this problem too, everything in our fridge, cabinets, drawers, etc are all organized perfectly and she cant never have finger prints on anything. We don't even use the kitchen sink cause she doesn't want it to get dirty. I really dun give a fuck tho, shes admitted she has a problem, and sometimes she freaks out if the kitchens dirty, but what can I do? Im not gonna suggest weed cause shes overly against it the "health of it."

6. Dude my mom has this thyroid problem. Shes constantly in pain and cant sleep from it at all. She has to take 4 different pain/sleep meds everyday and has to discontinue to avoid addiction every month which brings her back to all the pain.

Weed would mask her pain, make her sleep and actually make her hungry. But she wants to slap me everytime i bring it up to her haha. She knows i smoke.

7. The thought of my mom trying to hit a bong makes me laugh haha.