My mom and her first (good) weed experience.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Spadeez, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Okay, so my mom has chronic pain from a rare Spinal/Neurological disease. She looks and acts normally fine but is in EXTREME pain all the time in the head. Multiple brain surgeries etc etc etc.

So anyway, she's been coming off pain prescription pills HARD lately, very strong opiates, and going through horrible withdrawal. So I wanted to help her with a weed cookie. (I make some dank ass edibles, basically studied BadKittySmiles [Very Knowledgable Woman]). So I'm going to college in C.O for botany and a study in greenhouses and hydroponics so I figured she would be interested in trying something out, for the sake of knowing what I'm working with for a living.

Well, to make a long story short, I gave her the cookie, 45 mins later I see her coming out of the bathroom eating two bananas at once, a bag of cookies hanging out of the side of her pocket and laughing hysterically. I must say, this is one of the first times I ever felt great about helping someone who was in a lot of pain. On top of having a smile on her face watching the Oscars, ZOOTED, she finally got sleep after 4 days of restlessness. Kush Coma. Oh, she also killed a quart of ben and jerrys. That was mine...

Good Job Marijuana, you did it again.

2. Great story OP. Glad to see people coming of age to this ancient medicine. So was that her 1st time to use cannabis as a medication? Did she know she was using cannabis? Did she tell you her pain was lessened. 

3. Wait!
    She stole your Ben and Jerry's? :mad:

J/K Glad to here you gave her a nice pain free day. :smoke:

4. thats great dude, glad it worked out for you guys. is she gonna use weed regularly now?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Thank you! And it wasn't her first time, but definitely her first time it had a strong positive effect on her. Last time she said she was paranoid and felt light headed. And yeah, she was completely down for it, she practically begged for cannabis over her prescription pills. And as far as her pain, her stomach was feeling better, she got sleep and her migraine felt a lot better. The previous 4 nights and couldn't sleep a wink, last night she got 5 hours! That's a start! Now she wants to try my vaporizer!

6. I know! She just ate that shit right outta the freezer. I went downstairs to get it for myself around 2AM... GONE. lmfao. 

7. I hope so! 

8. #8 TickTockCroc, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    Wow I love hearing stories like this, it must feel so good to see someone feel relieved from using marijuana, especially after they've used plenty of synthetic drugs.

My grandmother has suffered from a brain tumor (successfully removed) and terrible spine/back problems. She can walk but is in constant pain, even when sitting down. My mom and aunt take her from doctor to doctor to doctor and give her all kinds of crazy medicines. I just wish I could once tell my mom to try give her an edible, I bet it would help her so much, at least let her sleep! But what's crazy is that my mom views marijuana as a harmful drug just because it's illegal (even though she has friends who smoke). It's just a matter of not being aware. She once brought up to me how marijuana causes this and that (typical stuff you'd hear from anti-marijuana propaganda), but I contested that by saying "then why do doctors prescribe it?" and brought up the medical marijuana system. She literally had no clue about it, and called me a liar and said no such thing exists. If they just took the time to become aware, they would realize that using a natural plant for medicine CAN'T be harmful in comparison to these lab made synthetics... And it's just like! I don't want to lose her without even trying! Because I know for a fact it would help her out so much!

Look up granny storm crow, contact her, print out her massive list of medical marijuana information, and print out some articles for your mom!

10. I've spoken to Storm Crow (Granny) before! She is so helpful and definitely has so much valuable information to give. She's so nice and heart-warming and has helped me out before!  I am really considering having a serious talk with my mom about this!