My Miserable Drunk Dad And My Misery

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by citydwella, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Alcoholics, especially the ones who are parents, are some of the scummiest people around. However, you have to realize that an alcoholic will never listen to you; the only way for them to change their ways is to get professional help, and most are too weak to seek it out.

As the adult child of an alcoholic, my advice would be not to let him know it gets to you; it only makes them more angry, and in my experience, it led to my dad just drinking as an "f you" kind of thing. I know it sucks, but you have to realize that you can't change people. You can only make the choice to progress to a place where their problem is no longer your problem, by moving away or just trying to gain as much independence from him as you can.

That said, if he physically assaults you, curbstomp the drunk fuck or call the piggies on him.

2. #22 bluntfists, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    just keep handing him drinks, he will drink himself to death in no time....

but no, you need to talk to him when he isn't drunk. I am a recovering alcoholic. I remember people only trying to talk to me when I was already drinking, even though I never got like that it was a problem. If you sit his ass down and show him a video of what he is doing to the two of you it might change things. if that doesn't work then just beat the shit out of his dumb ass while he is drunk.

3. *Hugs OP* I'm really sorry you and your family are going threw this. Keep your head up and focus on your future, that will be your way out of this miserable situation. Like a previous poster said, use it as motivation to get out of there and do something positive for yourself. I really hope things get better for you, sending positive vibes your way.

4. evryone elses life isnt peachy just cuz they smiling trust.i smile wen im wit homies to. dont mean im happy. im prolly one of the coldest emptiest mf on here. the shit ive done to ppl..well i cnt say..i wud get banned. but listen to me the ones tht smile the most are normanlly the onces hurtin most. if you seen me on the street walkin u wudnt i am who i really am. well some ppl do most dont. next time he does something to your mom i wud go up to him nd say watd u fuken say. throw a few jabs and put his drunkass to sleep for a few hours. when he wakes up tell em you had to kik his ass cuz he was layin hands on ur mom. tell em if he evr does it again ull kill em. if i told my dad that hed believe me especially after 16 when my parents found a glock. ur life dont suk just cuz ur dad gets drunkn man up nd put em in his place.