My Mini stealth Cfl Bagseed grow..Harvested!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Stroomz, Jan 19, 2009.

1. #1 Stroomz, Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009
    Ok so heres an update to my grow as of 1/1/19...Ill probably just keep updating this thread from now on.

I have 5 plants in total in a box roughly 3 feet wide, 3 feet high and 1 foot deep.

I discovered 2 definite females yesterday...No names have been chosen yet.:cool:
    Buttt i believe i might have 3 males :(, i am not compleltly positive yet so i am waiting to double check before planting them outside in the winter cold hehe..i may try to polinate PART of one of my females with a male plant that is suposivly a type of diesel. So then ill have seed stock for the spring of good genetics.:)

Heres the pics the two on the right are female, and the one up front is being LST'd...

The tiny one to the left was stunted most its life but once i switched waters it came back to life!

HARVESTED PICS AND LINKS LAST PAGE

Attached Files:

2. looks pretty good. are you close to flowering?

3. not reallyy, im hoping they wont get tooo much bigger, i know they will but i hope not much..i can only tell sex not alot of action yet

4. whats the light set up.

5. plants tend to get 50%-200% bigger once the lights go to 12/12. you could keep the males indoors on windowsill and harvest the pollon sacs for breeding later too...

6. what do you mean you can see cfl's in the pictures?

and yeah since it will most likely only be 2 plants if they double in size it wont be a problem, i am good with LST and might even hook up a scrog. The male plant i want is also not that big so i could just keep it in there until i find a few pollen sacs.....Is there any certain time i need to pollinate a female bud spot? Does it matter if i do it early or late in flowering???

7. They look really good man! How long have you them vegging for?

8. wats the wattage on those cfls u got there?

9. Well at first i thought they were flowering for over the last month, but i figured out my timer wasn't shutting off the lights at night, and they stayed in 24/0 for over a month, so there very filled out with branches, but now there flowering for about a week right now.:hello:

they are spread around from 23w to 30w..2 or 3 of them are blue spectrum, all the rest are soft white...i was going to buy a 42w at the store yesterday but it was almost 16$$ so i said pshh

10. Update as of 1/25/09...All males have been removed. (3)

Continued LST on plant 1 and started LST on plant 2...bud sites are forming.

And i tried pollinating ONE branch of my plant, i just squeezed some of the pods into my fingers then rubbed my fingers on the bud site, lets see what happens!

Attached Files:

11. get rid of the males completely. they can pollinate up to a mile away

12. ferret, don't be an idiot. they can't pollinate through walls.
    don't get rid of the males, make butter or hash with them.

13. Joli, if he has central air, they can pollinate through walls.

14. No name calling.

I moved this to the journals section.

15. If that's a clear plastic container, it's been suggested to me to wrap it in a light proof anything ASAP, foil, duct tape... Just passing along what I was told. But they look good and my space is a bout the same size. Good on ya!

16. #16 Stroomz, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
    I threw all the males outside in my tomato garden from the summer so they are basically gone now...:)

The containers are white i think a very tiny bit of light may leek threw but not much at all because of the canopy of leaves...I just hope they are big enough for the roots...is there anyway to tell if my plant is getting root bound?:confused:

EDIT: UPDATE! as of 1/29/09

I set up my own scrog net, never did it before so well see how it goes. There is just two plants there both lst' all the way 90 degrees, and all the side branches are growing through the cage, i plan on heavily weaving these in and out of the cage. About 2 weeks into flower.:D

Attached Files:

17. Update: 2/5/09 about 3-4 weeks flower

Attached Files:

18. Have you thought about adding some emergency blankets or reflective material to the inside of your space? Might help squeeze out a little more production...

19. yea i have when i first started the grow, i had insulation with reflective material on one side duct taped in there but it got too hot..i have nothing else to use so im stuck with it the way it is...

20. Those thin alu cookie sheets are a decent substitute. They reflect a fair amount, and also absorb heat. Don't know how much of that heat would be radiated to the plants, though.

If I were you, I'd try to address the problem of heat specifically, then add something reflective once temperature is in check. It looks from your setup like you have one fan on intake and one as an exhaust. What are the amperages of these fans? And the size? Perhaps you're not getting enough airflow. If your fans are in fact running I/E, try setting them up together as a pair, running exhaust only. Then a few 2" openings along the bottom of the box can act as a passive intake system to draw in cool air from the floor. Try PVC, that way you can light-proof everything. Hope this helps!

If they move enough air, you'll be set when you want to put on a filter.