Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

my medical marijuana speech

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by happywallyskin, Mar 8, 2006.

1. so right now at school im taking a speech class and for our first assignment we were supposed to do an informative speech and i chose medical marijuana. i came into this not knowing very much about the subject but i think i did alright for 2 days of work so far. it was supposed to be informative not persuasive but i couldnt help getting my personal feelings in there and i could of wrote more but it is supposed to be 10 minutes and im already over by a couple

2. about the 1 joint = 4 cigarettes thing, that figure varies wildly from 4 to 7 to 16 to 20 depending on your source. I used to be able to find the gas and particulate matter makeup sheet on ukcia.org about cigarette smoke and cannabis smoke, and according to that, they have incredibly similar makeup. That means that neither would be definitively worse.

But then that leads into smoking dynamics or the way people smoke.

Looks like a pretty good talk. I'm suprised you can stretch that over 10 minutes. I probably would have included a lot of info about the varieties of conditions it helps with and side effects of the medicines normally prescribed as well as how successful conventional medicine is for them. It's easy to overview MS, Lou Gehrig's disease, AID, bipolar disorder, the fact that it actually stops some cancers including gliomas of the brain, some skin cancers, breast cancers, and prostate cancers. And that's even skipping all the information showing that cannabis is not nero-degenerative, but in fact is neuro-protective.

My alarm is buzzing at me. Time to go to class.

3. well, i talk slow...lol

i would of added some more but its kinda due today...

4. I understand. I've written a couple of pro-cannabis papers from various viewpoints and no matter how much info I start with I end up spending most of my time finding more and more until I have to figure out how much I can actually fit. It just amazes me how much info is out there that that the majority of people have no idea about.

5. I don't believe one bit about marijuana smoke being more harmful. Bottom line, cigarettes are worse for you. If a pothead gets lung cancer, they definitely smoke cigs too. Smoke is smoke, but theres no way marijuana smoke is anywhere near as bad as most people think. I won't believe it until I get lung cancer.

And good read as well.

6. nice paper dude good research....ive written a few speeches on marijuana and its medical uses....good stuff....hopefully people will soon realize that marijuana has good purposes and will b legalized

7. the whole thing behind the legelization of marijuana that people dont know is that its not the whole it being a drug thing because alcohol has similar effects and to tell you the truth marijuana has more positives health wise than alcohol.the fact of the matter is the government wont legalize it because they cant control it.the same thing with tobacco.the government controlls all tobacco so they can tax it and make money same with alcohol.the government cant controll marijuana because the seed's are everywhere and they could never get controll of all seed's which would stop civilians from being able to produce it themselves tax free.if the government could somehow get everything making it unable for the people to keep growing the product they would have complete controll over it and be able to put tax's on it and it would then be legal.meaning we could walk into a party store and get our blunt's /joints (whichever you prefer) and the grass at the same time.simply go outside roll it and blow it right in a cops face.i jus love imagining that.even though as I explained earlier well most likely never see the day.

but to the rest of my fellow cannabis companions...let's keep up the hope.
    believe.