My lower leaves are yellow and dry! (Pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by johnnycrapper, Dec 30, 2008.

1. #1 johnnycrapper, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
    Yesterday I found out my plant was a female!!! I'ts like 8" and it's flowering because it's getting 12 hours of light and 12 of darkness because I'm growing it outdoors. So I noticed my plant's lower leaves were yellowing and drying. What could this be?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. How long have they been flowering? Yellowing leaves are normal during flowering, but usually it begins to happen in the second half of the flowering cycle. It is just your plant reallocating its resources to the buds instead of the leaves.

Good luck.

3. I was going to guess, not enough water?

4. that is one ugly foot...looks like he is missing toes..

5. I'm not really sure how long it has been flowering but i'm guessing like 2 weeks because pistils are visible.

6. It's normal. As long as it doesn't spread to the upper leaves and any new growth you should be OK.

7. #7 Totoro, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
    The lower leaves are dying because your plant isn't getting enough light and it is straining to push itself upward in search of a better light source. I noticed the internodes on your plant are VERY long (the length of the stem between the leaves), and it looks like an indica/sativa mix....so it should be much much shorter.

The lower leaves die because the plant isn't able to support that much foliage with a poor light source.

What are you using as a light source?

EDIT: Also, did you switch to 12/12 before you saw pistils and calyxes growing on the plant? If so you may get a hermaphrodite.

8. He said pretty clearly that he was growing outdoors.

9. What do you mean I might get a hermaphrodite..

10. That doesnt give you hermy's

11. ^^^ Agreed. This will not cause hermies. If it did, people wouldn't be able to go straight from seed to 12/12.

12. Is it because it's not getting enough P? What foods I can find in supermarket/ garden store that contains high P?