Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

my love for weed and its medical purposes for adhd

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by rollinfatblunts, Oct 23, 2011.

1. so i do not have an mmj card. cause i live in virginia but i have extremely bad ADHD and a few years ago i tried pot, from that point on ive been a multiple time a day toker. i came to this realization a few days ago cause i have just become adjusted to the thought that marijuana isnt bad, its harmless and i realized... i love it. people say that all the time but i truly love weed, when i smoke is the only time i can sit down and have a real conversation without having racing thoughts. any others adhd tokers? if not than just share your love for weed!

2. I too have pretty severe ADHD, but mine only effects focus. Most Weed makes that a lot worse haha. But if I get a good sativa it will help, it just doesnt have the same effect on different people

3. Yeah I was that kid to getting fed what ever pills the docter wanted to throw at me I was on ritilin for the longest time haha but weed for sure helps.

4. To use a CPU analogy...for me and my ADD (not ADHD), MJ is like adding A LOT more RAM and ADD is my overclocked processor.

...personally, on another note; I do believe that ADD is 'real' I just don't think it's a disorder! It's the way your brain was meant to operate! MJ may just help it operate better!

5. over active caudates and putnams and shit.

6. I also have ADHD and live in VA. The same thing happened to me. I started smoking and then realized how much better I can concentrate when I smoke. If I go to school sober, it is very hard to stay focused.

7. I just love bud!

8. I got mine for ADD and a tourrets like thing cause by it and stress as well a few other physical issues I have. I will go ahead and say that most strains don't make me focus at all haha just the opposite. But they do relax me and kind of help me stick to one topic for a bit if you know what I'm saying.. I use to just be all over the place once I stopped taking my medication and after a year of that I was 18 and I went and got a card.

9. i will renew my card until it cant be used anymore or i die :)

10. Dudes, I just got an interesting abstract on ADHD from PubMed. Light one up so you can concentrate! :smoke: This IS going to be long, but worth reading! :rolleyes:

Loss of striatal cannabinoid CB1 receptor function in attention-deficit / hyperactivity disorder mice with point-mutation of the dopamine transporter. (abst – 2011)
    Loss of striatal cannabinoid CB1 receptor fun... [Eur J Neurosci. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

DAT-CI mice had a marked hyperactive phenotype, and neurophysiological recordings revealed that the sensitivity of CB1Rs controlling GABA-mediated synaptic currents [CB1Rs((GABA)) ] in the striatum was completely lost.

Granny's translation- Scientists have bred hyperactive mice. These mice have CB1 receptors in their brain that simply do not work!

Now combine that with this abstract-

Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions.
    (abst – 2011) Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endoca... [Nat Neurosci. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Which says the brain can't make WORKING CB1 receptors if you don't have Omega 3! :eek:

And the "average American diet" has almost NO Omega 3 in it! :(

[FONT=&quot]O-6 vs. O-3 ratio[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Omega-6+to+Omega-3+Ratio+-+Discover+the+Shocking+Reality+That+Ruins...-a01073970178[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Good Oils and Fatty Substances http://www.math.ucsd.edu/~ebender/Health%20&%20Nutrition/Nutrition/oil_good.html

And this very recent study has also put together the Omega 3 / CB1 Connection and ADHD!

[FONT=&quot]Fatty acid status and behavioural symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in adolescents: a case-control study. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fatty acid status and behavioural symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in adolescents: A case-control study[/FONT]

Fish oil, flax seed oil and hemp seed oil are all good sources of Omega 3! I'm kind of partial to hemp seed oil! ;) Hemp seed oil is perfectly legal in all states and may be found at most health food stores, or online! It can't get you high.

Hemp Oil (full - 2005) Hemp Oil

Hemp Seed Oil - Your source for essential fat (article - no date)
    Hemp Seed Oil - Your source for essential fat | Manitoba Harvest - Hemp Foods and Oils

Miscellaneous stuff on hemp seed oil- Mom might want to see these! ;)

Hemp & GLA: Good Fat Burns Bad Fat (article - no date)
    Hemp & GLA: Good Fat Burns Bad Fat | Manitoba Harvest - Hemp Foods and Oils

Hemp Seed Oil for Skin (news – 2010)
    [FONT=&quot]Hemp Seed Oil For Skin | LIVESTRONG.COM[/FONT]

How Hemp Seed Oil Can Help Your Arthritis (news – 2009)
    [FONT=&quot]How Hemp Seed Oil Can Help Your Arthritis - Free Online Library

So get some Omega 3 and try a double dose for a couple of months. See if building working CB1s helps out! :D (Medical studies often give 4 grams of pure Omega 3 per day with "fishy burps" being the main side effect- so a double dose is safe.) Omega 3 helps lower cholesterol, and protects the heart- so taking a daily dose is a good idea!

Incidentally, the CB1s in your brain are also responsible for the marijuana high! You may not be getting your "maximum high" if you don't have enough working CB1s! :smoking:

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:
    [/FONT]

11. sounds like you just want to get high

12. #12 Apu, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2011
    I can't work out if I out grew my ADHD or Marijuana fixed me. I have been smashing since I was born(Actually photos of my full feet pushing through her stomach(bad word I did not break the skin). I broke my best friends arm at 2. Mum started beating me in conjuction with real punishments until I was about 15. After I hit MJ my two biggest problems in life fixed themselves

1. I think before I act 2. I am no where near as aggresive as I once was