My lost valentine

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GroBox, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Dramatic title right? Couldn't think of anything else :eek:

Well, Valentine's Day has always been a pretty shitty day for me, never did like it to begin with but an unfortunate turn of personal events had just made the day one of my least favourite of the year. I was travelling though, by bus and train, so I took a shot of Green Dragon and decided to enjoy the day as best I could.

I missed my train anyways, but that was probably the best thing that could have happened to me that day. I'm waiting at the train station in Boston for two and a half hours, when I decide "Hey, it's not like I'm kissing anyone tonight, might as well get a garlic pretzel twist", and go off to find Auntie Annie's. I got my pretzel, ate it, and then look up to see what looked to be my train "Now Boarding". I run all over the train station, knowing that's the last train, trying to find it, but it wasn't the right one. I run back to the ticket room, and ask the guy if I missed my train - I hadn't! Luckily it was delayed, and the "Now Boarding" was a different train. There was actually a line for my train, so I got in and was standing, waiting for the train to be ready.

As I'm looking around at the station, I catch the eye of a girl standing just a few feet away from me and I've got to say, her eyes were stunning. Literally. I couldn't pull my eyes away, and for (the longest) second or two we just looked at eachother, and then we both just smiled at the same time. She asked "Does this train stop at Penn station?" and I stumble for words when the guy in front of me confirms that it does. Now I'm just lost for words, completely dumbfounded as to what just happened. I wanted to say something but couldn't think of anything, when I just blurted out "Good thing this train was late, been running all over the station trying to find it", and the conversation just picked up from there. I sat with her, and we talked the whole ride, until I had to get off. She was one of the most beautiful girls I've ever met, and had an amazing personality too. From what I picked up, she was going to see a guy, and my mouth tasted like a garlic plant, so that deterred any notion I had of making a move, but from the way she looked at me I could tell we were both into eachother.

As I got off the train, I couldn't stop thinking about her, and still can't. This has never really happened before, as my usual interests are one night stands, but something about her has consumed all of my thoughts for the past couple days. I'm not even sure why I'm writing this, but I wanted to tell someone about this amazing girl I had just met. I know I'll probably never see her again, but I still can't stop thinking about her. It's like that girl you fall in love with in your dreams, and wake up the next day feeling lost, except this time it wasn't just a dream.

2. Should of got them digits. Good story though!

3. Should have asked anyway, no risk no reward. Carry some gum around from now on.

4. You didn't get her number?

Damn...

5. I actually asked, but she said we probably wouldn't talk much since I lived so far away.

6. She wasn't that into you .

7. That's a sign that she didn't like you. Sorry dude. This next bowls for you.

8. well...on to the next one

9. And just to think there's billions of these cunts all over the planet.