My Lost America - Part III

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by AK Infinity, Sep 19, 2006.

1. The Baghdad Morgue

[​IMG]

“In the eyes of many, America </ST1:pis no different than the former regime in Iraq </ST1:pthat brutally tortured and intimidated prisoners.”

~Shelley Berkley~

The bodies just don't stop coming in the Baghdad </ST1:pmorgue, in fact, the hardest working people in Iraq </ST1:pare the coffins makers. Which prompted an NBC news journalist to make this grim remark at the end of his report: “The coffin makers will have to work harder.” It's estimated that 100 die a day in Iraq </ST1:pfrom war related violence, if you care to do the math that works out to roughly 3,000 dead a month. Husbands, uncles, cousins, mothers, aunts, sisters, brothers, friends, associates and any other kind of people you can think of. The nation's pastime has become getting the morning paper and looking through the obituaries to try to find the names of people they know.

In this day and age where Democracy is imposed at the point of a gun I can't help but wonder if we've turned a corner from being a nation that's struggled through it's bloody history to find a common peace, to a nation that has become an awkward conqueror. These last several years I've had to think long and hard on what being an American really means. The most precious ideals that this country was founded on are being routinely reworked to fight a war that we will never feel. Our own President just recently stated in response to a letter written by his former Secretary of State Colin Powell that it's "impossible to think," and therefore question his administration or its policies. If we're not permitted to "think" or question authority what have we become?

What does it mean to be an American when our President and a majority of our countrymen blindly support a policy that has eroded our very foundations and historic traditions of freedom? When will Americans stop lying to themselves about safety and security and admit that preemptive brutality is worse than the threat itself? Meanwhile in a country that most of us will never visit the dead don't stop coming to the Baghdad morgue.

Peace.

2. bloodied bodies draped in bubble-gum pink

3. imagery. it can be good. it can be bad. it can invoke feelings in the viewer. Maybe just do nothing for you. That image means nothing to me. Some dead bodies...I don't need to go to baghdad to see dead bodies, all I need to do is watch the news. Soo I mean idk this war is not great, but it's not too terrifying to me, then again I'm not in Baghdad. It's pretty much your average war. Certainly no Vietnam, but it ain't no fucking picnic, so is life, war is a part of life as we know it...Of course it's bad and all of these bad things, but we need to change the views of many b4 war turns to peace...and this post is a good start :)

How about the war in my fucking neighborhood, in my city, my state, my nation, north america, my hemisphere, the world's wars, we humans are in a constant state of war be it declared, cold, social, mental, we are all at war...and yet life continues still...what is the natural state of man? :confused:

We are however constantly perceiving and incorporating new ideas of living...where war is less existant...idk maybe, to some extent, war is a part of life? which we must come to terms with? with construction comes destruction and that's not to say life is dual in nature in totality merely that many yings have their yangs, and so forth, but that's not really my point...life is sort of...well terrifying, 'life is suffering' where 'sin' and such is...and where we are, and also where we experience great pleasure...If heaven were any better I couldn't take it, it'd be too good haha. I'd go crazy with ecstacy. I'd be high, not cognizant, all mixed up...sounds like a weird state to me, as does hell...I choose neither...I choose life, and death is not a choice, but seems only right, and I wouldn't want to die and be reborn all the time, either. I don't know what I want...??

4. The picture's just incidental because it doesn't mean much to me either, having been raised in a society that puts such a low premium on life, I have to fight for every real emotion that I do feel. So if I didn't watch the news as you do, such horrors would produce little shock in me. I included the photo because it happens to be the "Baghdad </ST1:pmorgue." Your attitude isn't shocking to me or cold, on the contrary it's indicative of the feelings of many, a feeling people should challenge each other to change because everything and everyone is connected. We can't fool ourselves into thinking that the war in Iraq </ST1:pis separate from our lives or our shared destiny as human beings.

IMHO the human experience is chiefly characterized by one element that isn't so common in nature its called “choice.” The world doesn't have to be this way we've just waited until things have gotten so bad that we now reason from a sense of powerlessness.

The human experience is also composed of another element, which is, we never fail to live up or (down) to our expectations. I don't believe your last paragraph in the least, in fact, the yin and yang aren't two separated ideas but one, its called life. And life is what we make it. Humanity has been living under a self imposed siege all throughout its history as we struggle to understand ourselves in relation to the world that we've been born into. This process would go much more smoothly if we trusted ourselves instead of trying to see our brothers and sisters as "the enemy" when there's only one true enemy of humanity, ignorance.

"Ecstasy" or "utopias” are subjective ideas, this isn't the matrix. We have no concept of what life would mean to attain such lofty goals and given the fact that we limit ourselves we're not likely to find out any time soon. Peace still remains the greatest unknown as man has proven everything else that's base and vile in his nature.

Stay green.

5. Does power corrupt or do the corrupt always get the power? Ever try to imagine what the world would be like, what humanity would be like, if we didn't have to suffer through one spoiled kid with an army after another? If we weren't manipulated from the beginning into thinking we've got it good, and we as a race actually strived for something better? Disease would be only in the movies, energy would flow free, the moon would be a vacation spot. It just makes me mad.

Edit: Oops, didn't mean to rip off your sig rasta man