My London Riots Experience.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by 420stonedpanda, Aug 12, 2011.

1. We have the British Museum and National Gallery, no one anywhere but Italy can chat shit to us for Culture (apart from Florence and Rome), and the Olympics are going to be a resounding success, the Olympic park is truly stunning, the Shard is going the be the most amazing building in Europe and we have the best parks anywhere, Hampstead Heath can't be beat! (just forget about the little shits who are going to be taught a lesson pretty soon hopefully)

2. Man OP I am glad you are alright. What all of you are going through has to just be pure hell. Good luck to you all.

3. theirs a lot more ants

4. If the riots were taking place in the states I can guarantee that the cops would have been shooting to kill on like day 2.

5. I would hope so. These little punks running around ruining people's lives wouldn't last a day in the US. Our shop owners would be posted up at the door of their businesses carrying an AR in one hand and a 12 gauge pump in the other.

6. Also, someone correct me if im wrong, but in the UK, you cant go buy guns can you, or you need some very special permit or someshit.... here, rioters would be packing heat, which makes it MUCH more dangerous....

7. Criminals don't follow laws, so that has nothing to do with whether or not they are carrying guns. Law abiding citizens are the ones that go through the legal process of owning a gun in the US.

8. I live in the UK and no, you can't just go out and buy guns, I know some people who live out in the sticks who have guns for hunting, but I wouldn't even know where to buy a gun if I wanted one.

9. That's very true. That is a big reason why I do feel bad for them over in England. The citizens have limited means to protect themselves by these rioters.

10. I am glad to hear your all right there OP, I was caught with my then fiance by a "civil disturbance" in Jacksonville back in the early 2000's and its exciting, but scary....

Noone attacked us, but alot of looting and such, then the cops came on horseback, and with riotgear and tank things, we went into the Greyhound station and waited it out.

Glad ur safe man

11. The riots did apparently start because of a man being shot, this practically never happens in the UK even though we do have some armed police, and its always a huge deal when it happens....but it escalated way beyond that, with riots in several cities, not in mine luckily, its too small. its easy to write the rioters off as dumbass violent chavs with nothing better to do than smash up their own city, and that might be true, but many see it as a volatile reaction to the government setting a poor example, e.g. bailing out the banks and making massive cuts in the public sector leaving thousands jobless, and cutting public services in the areas that need it most, and some people are reacting in the only way they know how. Many parts of the UK are still in a shit way from when Thatcher was PM and completely dicked over the working classes, this was in the 80's so a whole generation have grown up on benefits in shitty areas with hardly any prospects and nothing to be proud of, its easier to be on benefits than to get a job, and so people don't have pride in their area and have a false sense of entitlement...we've been spoiled as fuck, and now there really is no money, we're panicking a little, and some more than a little.
    Not that I think people should go around destroying shops and burning people houses down, leaving them jobless and homeless, some rioters even ran over and killed 3 people who were just trying to defend their home, which makes me feel sick...
    Sorry for the big rant there, its just kinda close to home.

12. also everyone is shitting on about using a water cannon...we just don't have this kind of stuff, the UK has one water cannon and its in Northern Ireland, and the fire service have been too busy putting out fires. There's only so many resources and they are already stretched.

13. So were allowed to talk about guns on the forum when its in a leftist manner? Got it. :rolleyes:

Edit: The funny thing is that a store owner with a shotgun would probably stop alot of rioting.

14. I'm not discussing myself using a gun, nor am i promoting any sort of violence. In fact what i said was, pulling out a gun in a mass of people, probably isnt a good idea... more like gun deterring discussion if you ask me

15. its a buildup, us people have taken alotta bullshit from cameron and his adminstration, this thing triggered it and all that frustration was unloaded

16. What's the point of robbing random people and stores because of something a cop did? Fuckin people man..

17. Sorry thats b/s the original riot started because of the shooting of Mark Duggan, the rest were copycat 'attacks' initially however with some of the people arrested in the riots i do feel as though your point has a lot to do with it. Which is why I was hoping the rioting would last longer so more and more people join in and they then become more co-ordinated against the government.
    Sadly this country is just getting worse and worse our government is a bunch of posh cunts so out of touch with the working majority it's painful. One bloke got 8months for stealing £175 worth of clothes, and in my opinion that is bollocks seeing as you pedofiles getting sentences of 2 years (halfed with good behaviour and other mitigating circumstances).

18. I hope you, OP, your family and friends are safe. It makes me mad/sad whats happening. Pretty much all of the people rioting are just in it for the money and thats what so sad about it.

19. Let's not forget Malice Green and Rodney King. All countries have these same issues and same reactions. The world is far from perfect, but it's all we have.

20. That sucks man, that's what I don't like about the youth of the world. They up and comings are dicks man. They just take everything for granted and ruin stuff... it's annoying because tax dollars pay for the cleanup and reimbursement :(