My little garden in Maine...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Sleep Deprivation, Aug 26, 2017.

1. First time at real growing here in Maine...this is a spring fed little valley..only watered 4 times and that was just to add nutes..Alaskan fish fertz..five different strains here...started indoors in May put outside mid June...turned over all the soil and chopped it up added about 600 pounds of different soil and amendments...12x6 area

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Nice grow! Congratulations! I hope they finish before before you get a frost threat. It was low 50s this AM in southern massachusetts.

3. I would be more concerned with rain than frost. What are you going to do if it rains? I'm a few states south of you and mold is usually a bitch in New England.

4. At what point in the buds development do you have to be concerned about rain?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I actually just posted this question here - When to cover outdoor plants?

I can't recall the exact time I got mold during my last grow...it was a few years ago. I know it was within 3 weeks of harvest. From what I remember the first 2-3 weeks of flowering I had no issues, but I am looking for some additional insight on this.

6. Parts of Maine will likely see frost this weekend. Widespread lows in the lower 30s and the dewpoint is very low right now in NE.

7. Only in Northern Maine. Low 40's around my parts tonight and tomorrow, thankfully!

• Like Like x 1
  8. You can cover them with a sheet or blanket if it gets close to the mid 30s.

• Like Like x 1
  9. How are your plants liking this wind? I am also growing in Maine and this wind I fear is going to be the death of my crop

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I was concerned about wind so I staked the hell out of most of them for extra support. I even used the same bamboo stakes and ran them horizontal to create something similar to a trellis. I saw a video of a guy that used the technique indoor when the buds were too heavy to support themselves and figured it would help with the wind. You can lightly ziptie them to the horizontal trellising.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I thought my plants were gonna be fine. But I had a few fall. One plant fell and broke pretty significantly. Hoping it won't hermie.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Ouch, sounds pretty serious. I hope things work out for you. My plants are doing well I think, but I am giving them a 50% chance of making it to harvest. There is a lot more to growing "a weed" successfully than I thought heading into my first grow! Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Well most of the nine plants 5 are early fast flowering strains for that reason only one Durban I threw in there isn't they have all started flowering as of a week ago 4 have been in flower three weeks I am hoping early to mid October for most of them

Sent from my XT1254 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. That's why I got early flowering strains as you can see at the end of August and Buds been going for about two weeks on most of them if it does start raining a lot I will throw a greenhouse tarp over them

Sent from my XT1254 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1