My little big jungle

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Rafael Cazuza, Nov 17, 2009.

1. #1 Rafael Cazuza, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2009
    Hello fellow growers !
    Me and my girlfriend are beginning a grow project here in our house, we intend to do a Outdoor/Indoor mix, because we have lots of space and good sunlight.

We live in Brazil... so it´s hot and wet here...
    It´s our first time growing though I have research a lot on the net to (try) know what we´re doing
    We bought some seeds from Attitude last week... probably gonna get it by the end of this week. Meanwhile we´re preparing the growing media and installing the lamp.

So that is the idea...

Seeds
    Nirvana
    10x White Widow
    20x Maui Waui
    10x Snow White

Freebies
    1 Fem DNA Power Kush
    1 Fem DNA Lemon Skunk

Vases
    5L Pots for germ/beggining of veg
    25L Pots for flowering

Light
    400w Metal Halide

Growing Media
    20% Black Soil
    20% Peat Substrate (it has some vermiculite and perlite)
    20% of Worm Casting
    15% Pine Bark (small, chopped)
    20% Coconut powder + fiber (boiled and then chopped)
    5% Castor bean (not sure the name in english, it´s a organic stuff with lots of nitrogen in it)

There´s some lime too... for the PH.

Set up
    Going for 24/0, at night with the lamp and at day on sunlight for the whole veg... then going to put plants on 12/12 (sun only) two at a time to flower... while the others keeps growing.

We probably gonna get some clones from the females to plant direct on the ground with no vases... but this is for the near future.

That´s it... gonna put some photos next week.
    So if you guys have any suggestions I´m glad to hear it because it´s my first time

Love and Peace !

UPDATE # 1
    We decide to go with 20/4 light period instead of 24/0 to give the plants some rest.
    I soaked then in the water for about 5 hours and now they´re between paper towels in a air-lock container.
    As soon as some sprout I will update pics.
    Fingers cross guys !

UPDATE # 2 - DAY ONE
    Seeds are going faaast :devious:. On 5 hours all the WW had the white stuff coming out, today less then 24 hours after, the Lemon Skunk, Snow White and Power Kush had come out as well. We plant all of then on the pots, about 2,5cm deep.
    Only the Maui Waui remain on the paper towel, I think that for being mainly Sativa, it takes a little while to germinate.
    Things going well so far...

UPDATE # 3 - DAY THREE
    I am happy :D :D :D
    Everything going perfect so far... on the second day, two or three babys had the "leaves" burned... we were worried, and decide to put the lamp a little farther and give it more water.
    Today was marvelous... they spend the day on the natural sun, with lots of water. And tonight all of them were sprouting.
    What we plant so far:
    4x White Widow
    3x Snow White
    1x Maui Waui
    1x Lemon Skunk
    1x Power Kush
    There still some on the papel towel, I´ve take lots of pictures, but my cable is missing somewhere in the house ahuahau gonna post photos asap guys, the little babys are beatiful.
    Peace!!! and Jah rasta sunshine for u all

2. nice plan. good luck!!

3. Thanks man... if everything goes as we plan... my dream of a perpetual garden will be fulfilled :smoking:

4. good luck mate :D your doing awesome so far, love the picks!

5. Thanks bro... glad to heard that, my nights and nights up reading have worth something hehehe

Nice avatar by the way... remember me some of places here in Brazil :)

6. Sounds good dude :D, only thing I see possibly bad is make sure you have enough light for you plants, now those lights can usually (from what I know) cover about 5-6 plants easily. Good luck man, and happy growing!!

7. Thanks, happy is the word :smoke:

About the light, the plants will use it only during the veg phase, time when less light is needed, so I think that I can cover 12 plants at a time.

Once they are ready to flower it will be "only" the old and big yellow ball :devious:

"Catch a fire, so you can get burn!"

8. damn this seeds are taking their time to get here... 12 days already :p

9. Today I walk in my house and there was the package :hello:
    It took 23 days from the day I order... but for my surprise, instead of 10x Maui Waui they send 20x... and 1 Lemon Skunk and 1 Power Kush, so the freebies really compensate the extra delivery time ! Attitude rocks.

I´m gonna edit the first post with photos and news every week.

The seeds are already on paper towel... it has began O.O

10. Sounds like a great plan...:bongin:

i have started about the same time as you!:D

11. Nice !!! :smoke:
    We can share our experiences so we learn from each other. What strains are you growing? You have a journal as well?

12. you can do a square meter easy with a 400w lamp dont let any1 discourage you bro,thats 9 buckets so 9 plants easy ive done a dozen many times you get about 30g off a plant

13. naw i don't have a journal.
    i have no idea what strain because i picked it up from a friend for free so i dont really have much hope, but i might as well try.
    something is already wrong, i think. its a seedling and it's about 1'' tall but the seed shell is still on the end. It has been 3 days since it came out of the ground and still it is on.
    i don't know what to do

14. That is a good thing to hear... I plant 12 pots, they´re all under the light, but when they get bigger and I change for the bigger pots maybe some of then will get a little less light.
    But that is not much of a problem because I will rotate them everyday, and besides, of the 20 hours of light 12 they will get from the sun, so I think the girls will be fine.

15. Yes, it was very good stuff

Thanks for reassuring me. The stem is perfectly green so i guess it is fine so far.
    I'll keep updating you if you want.

16. Don´t worry bro, this happen sometimes, just wait a couple days and it will drop off, if didin´t then wait a little more and you can gently pull it off.
    About the strain... did you smoke your friend´s weed to see how was like? If was it good you can sure have a nice crop.
    Take good care of her :smoke:

17. Yeah dude, keep me posted about your lady. With pictures if is possible. Let´s try to figured out what strain or crosses she belong.

My plants are going well so far... very greenish look too... dispising the yougness ehhehe

18. Sad news guys... half the plants had the leaves pull it off this night. By what.. I don´t know.
    The lamp stays at 90cm from the plants... so it wasn´t the heat and they had plenty water.
    So I´m thinking that could´ve been some kind of insect, maybe ants...
    The others are safe, the vases surrounded for a pesticide circle of protection.
    And 4 WW and 4 Maui Waui have been put on the papel towel already... to take the places of their fallen sisters.

Anyhow I will give the plants a couple day, to see if there is some sign of regeneration, unlikely, but miracles do happen.

Any tips will be welcome, how can I protect them???

Thanks everyone... this is a sad day for me :(

19. Hey... how is it going? You haven't updated for a while...