My lil bros weed use "ruining" my mom's life

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by thewallonder, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, the story is: my little brother smokes weed about 1-2 times a month. He's sixteen. I'm a pretty hard smoker, and don't care. However, my mom and dad are mad, sad, etc (while literally saying that it hasn't changed him a bit, but "recent studies say they can fuck with youngsters mind" (but geez, smoking twice a month..)), and they are very worried that he'll become an addict or get brain damage (mom: "we have friends that have friends that have a kid that had a psychosis and now his life is ruined") I really don't know what to do. They even forced him to family therapy (went along because why not), where the therapist essentially said that he should go walking or listening to music instead of smoking, and that he must stop. Any advice on how to deal with this would be appreciated. Should he stop smoking? Are my parents justified? Should I stand on my parents side?

tl;dr: parents really angry at 16y/o smoking weed, doesn't want to stop; relationship with parents iffy; advice would be nice

2. These forums are for 18+ adults to discuss our grown-up hobby. You are not going to find much discussion of illegal underage drug use here. Maybe there is someplace you can talk about that elsewhere on the internet... keep looking. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. They pay the bills, they make the call.

No parent wants to know their child is smoking, drinking, or whatever the hell. Yes, I became a stoner at 15, close to 16 and 2x a month is absolutely nothing, but you gotta respect your parents. Sounds like they care about him a lot.

Tell your brother that as long as he can keep his grades up and it doesn't become a habit, then don't worry. Keep that shit out of their house, tell them he stopped, and be careful.

I have a super anti-weed mom, but she fully advocated me using a fake ID to get drunk underage freshman/sophomore year. Parents are weird man.

4. Makes sense. I'll leave this thread hanging just in case, and mods can delete if it's against rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.