My light is here!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pure1, Jun 28, 2012.

1. I'm no electrician but I think you need to replace the breaker with a slightly higher rating. I think it's that simple. Remember some plugs are run on the same breaker. I pop mine if I have the steam cleaner running on the same breaker as my grow room. I runn 1000 watts HPS. 150 cfl, 10 inch fan and desk fan for circulation.

2. [quote name='"pure1"']havent checked it for amps, but im running it at 600w. i recentnly just ran a longer grounded extension cord into another room. no more problems :)[/quote]

Make sure the cord is as short as possible and rated for 15amps

3. A few things.
    Metal halide lighting is ideal for vegetative plants.
    The proper kelvin rating for flowering that corresponds most closely with the wavelength of light energy they want is 2100k to 2300k. Not 2700k.
    600w systems will draw about 5 to 5.5 amps. The typical residential circuit is 15 amps at 110v/120v, or good for about 1600 to 1800 watts. This unit alone should not be popping your circuit but the air conditioner compressor and the light together might be. I recommend moving one of these two items to another circuit.

Do not put higher capacity breakers in your fuse box. Wires are gauged to carry a certain amount of electricity. Too much power can fry the wires and start a house fire. I ran into this problem a while back with my 1000w system, a 400w system, about 200w of cfl bulbs, a 4" fan, a 6" fan, four circulation fans, plus a 5000btu AC unit, and all the etc, etc. Totaled out to around 27amps so I had to run a 15' extension cord from my laundry room to handle the overflow amperage. I would notice heat coming from the plug joints, which is wasted energy, but at the time there wasn't another option.

You may also need to run a short extension cord if the total amperage of your grow room is exceeding the amperage of your circuit.

4. I am going to be using a 400W HPS in my grow tent soon, currently Vegging. Should I buy both MH and HPS Bulbs (HPS comes with kit) if so, can I get some recommendations on a bulb for Vegging?

5. Hortilux Blue (Daylight) Super Metal Halide Bulb is great for veg

6. [quote name='"SCMC"']A few things.
    Metal halide lighting is ideal for vegetative plants.
    The proper kelvin rating for flowering that corresponds most closely with the wavelength of light energy they want is 2100k to 2300k. Not 2700k.
    600w systems will draw about 5 to 5.5 amps. The typical residential circuit is 15 amps at 110v/120v, or good for about 1600 to 1800 watts. This unit alone should not be popping your circuit but the air conditioner compressor and the light together might be. I recommend moving one of these two items to another circuit.

Do not put higher capacity breakers in your fuse box. Wires are gauged to carry a certain amount of electricity. Too much power can fry the wires and start a house fire. I ran into this problem a while back with my 1000w system, a 400w system, about 200w of cfl bulbs, a 4" fan, a 6" fan, four circulation fans, plus a 5000btu AC unit, and all the etc, etc. Totaled out to around 27amps so I had to run a 15' extension cord from my laundry room to handle the overflow amperage. I would notice heat coming from the plug joints, which is wasted energy, but at the time there wasn't another option.

You may also need to run a short extension cord if the total amperage of your grow room is exceeding the amperage of your circuit.[/quote]

That's good to know, do of he wanted it one on circuit he has to run thicker gauge wire? How does one do this, call electrician.

7. I won't be worried about that, I'll only be running the following.

400W HPS/MH
    4" inline fan
    Regular household fan

Later I will be adding my existing grow box for cloning.

Shouldn't pop any breakers, I've got 3 or 4 sockets in the room.Haven't tested to see what all is on what breakers yet. It will be interesting to see how good of a job they did. The place isn't that old..

8. You should be fine then. I got an old, big motherfucker for an ac, plus the 600w light.

Mine is just bad, when I first purchased the house, it had no ground (LOL). I paid some electrician to fix it, he was licensed it no problem. It passed inspection.

I'm not even using venting yet cause my budget. I use the A/C in the whole room, crack the close tdoor, have a stand up fan blowing in there with osculation. And it's worked good for me