My life thus far concerning marijuana

Discussion in 'General' started by delic, Feb 15, 2009.

1. i would need a field guide to identifying mushrooms if i were going to do that. my old biology teacher has one on her desk...

2. yeah a lot of them will either kill you or make you never wanna do shrooms again lol

3. lol so nooo thanks, i'd rather wait until i can find a trustworthy source.

4. lol thought so, my dad and his friends used to do it when he was a teenager though and he's not dead :p

5. lol you're in 11th grade bro.

6. for real?

7. i thought it was a good read, and i don't think people should be mean about it because nothing is a good fit for everybody... even weed

8. I am senior now, but it seems we grew in the same ways. I, too, loved feeling of insight, the new perspectives, and the whole process of opening my mind to new or alternative ideas, to new music, and to new people. In a way, I became like your friend. Obsessing over marijuana, striving to grow it in my parent's home, and eventually smoking everyday. I knew I loved weed. I never wanted to part with it. This was my sophmore year in high school and marijuana was number one on my top priority list. Weed was god to me!

And then it hit me. I realized that life is more than just getting high. I was neglecting school. All I talked about, all I thought about was weed. I had no other hobbies, no other interests besides getting baked. Whenever I hung out with my friends we always smoked. I needed a change.

Now it's my senior year, and after much smoking, I have succeeded in reorganizing my priorities and my grades are excellent. Pretty much from junior year on I had my shit straight. I mean, I am a semi-lazy individual, so I still slack off on occasion. That's fine and all, but if weed is seriously starting to negatively affect your life, then it may be time to a take a long break. Once you feel ready, smoke. Enjoy yourself, but at the end of the day, just remember what is important to you. And always remember, marijuana will only be a vice on your life if you let it be.

Peace man, the bowl I smoke tomorrow morning before school goes out to you

9. The Psycadelic Experience will come to you when you are ready for it.
    It will find a way to you.

As for your life story up to this point with pot, I'd say there are a lot of similarities between you and I. I have a friend who lets the reefer consume his life along with a couple prescription drugs. It hurts to watch, it really does.

Moderation is the KEY!
    So many people get lost in weed, they think because it is a great thing that they should do it as much as possible. I think one gets a lot more meaning out of it if done occasionally rather than often.

10. #50 delic, Feb 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009

i'm truly honored.

you sound exactly like me! lol

let's hope the same for my friend. :(

11. First of all, the power of now is an amazing book. A great perspective changer too. Check out Tolle's other works too, The New Earth and Stillness Speaks. Oh and Jedi I love your name. JMT are sick! Good taste man. :)

12. Even as pimp-Mctitties as your sig is,Trevv,i think its gonna get deleted.I had a baller Oreo O's sig when i started out here that got deleted.I should of demanded justice but i just took it like a little bitch.

13. I'll kill the fool who deletes my sig! And thank you, I love it too. I like that you can stare into it and how the image reflects back. It always seem to get closer and closer but it really isn't! If you like my sig, check out the cover for Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion.....now that's a fucking awesome optical illusion! : )

14. #54 sandra., Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
    Sometimes people get too far into it, I think. Too fascinated by these mind altering substances and too captivated by the lifestyle.

As far as life and weed coincide, it's all about using weed (and everything else in life) and not abusing it. We should alway be in control, mind over matter. We shouldn't get to the point where we allow a certain substance/lifestyle to control us- there's a huge difference.

Moderation is key, nobody is ever happy with abstinence or excessiveness. The best is finding your balance and living within it. I mean getting baked just to get baked is okay sometimes... but it's good to use it as a reward and de-stressor. For example at the end of a hard day/week when you know you did all you can for those assignments at work, school, whatever it is your life errands entail haha. You put your all into it, you've worked hard and then it's time to play hard :)

Everyone's different, but now I smoke to open my mind and get a kick-start to my day sometimes. Mind you I don't smoke my face off, just a little bit. Then I can go about my day... same with friends, you all can smoke a bit and go do something. Now that the weather is a little less harsh I've been smoking and going rollerblading haha. Alone or with some friends who want to join. Good times.

Exploring and experiencing life and it's surprises are great, the way life should be. But obsessing and excessing is something else.

:smoke:

15. Totally agree on this. Weed is fine every once in a while. If you're doing it every waking moment, you're getting nothing from it. You can't enjoy a mind altering substance, if all you ever are is altered. It's the differences between sobriety and the high that make weed so great.

16. Just felt like adding my little story. I started using marijuana a couple years ago, probably once every maybe 4 months. Eventually it was every weekend during school, and then every day during this past summer. I already have alot of undiagnosed mental problems. Even when i was sober, everything was just better, and made more sense. Then one week i had to stop, and its like the exact opposite happened-i lost my appetite, i could hardly sleep, bad headaches, sensitivity to light, feeling like shit, and generally irritable. eventually i'm pretty sure i became part of that 9% of pot smokers who could qualify for a 'psychological addiction', which wasnt really a surprise to me. so my then girlfriend convinced me to quit weed. without her knowing, i turned to harder drugs, and actually developed a REAL addiction. i pretty much turned into a fulltime druggie without her knowing it. i was all emotional and insecure, and she had no idea why. so she broke up with mea month ago...sad, she was really better then anything i ever had before, and different then anyone ive ever met. so i started snorting alot of adderall on the weekends, nothing else. i felt like if somehow i quit drugs, she would take me back, even though theres no way that could happen do to geographical reasons. ive been all depressed this past month. so i ended up smoking weed the other day, and i felt REALLY guilty at the time. but ever since then, its like my entire mindset is changed, so im not sure what to do, i just know im not at the point where i could handle daily pot smoking again. but i would like to smoke again soon, or at least go back to doing it only on the weekends, but i am completely broke. and wow i just wrote alot, sorry im on vyvanse right now and i love to write, but yeah just felt like sharing that with y'all tonight