My life sucks all I think about is suicide

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Samonthy44, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Just roll a blunt, and put it to the face.

2. First of all, depression is something that hits everybody. Whether or not they want to admit it, everybody has hit times where they've wanted to give up. It hits some harder than others, but just know that this isn't a battle exclusive to you. You are far from alone.

I was in your shoes a few years back, I had kind of isolated myself because I had some serious social anxiety, and I started wondering why I was even continuing. There were times when I truly thought that suicide was the most sensible thing, because I was so miserable. I didn't have any friends, me and my family weren't close, and I just kind of sat alone all day. If I did leave, I had my headphones in and wouldnt look people in the eye. I wouldn't talk to anyone. I went almost a month without having a real conversation with anybody.

Then slowly, I started realizing the simple pleasures of life. I started listening to music I liked. (For a long time I only listened to stuff I thought people wouldn't make fun of me for, lol it seems ridiculous now, but thats how self-conscious I was...) I started watching movies, reading books, etc. The more you explore within art and literature, the more you see that you are not the only one feeling the way you do. Great writers, whether it be songwriters or novelists, have a way of putting exactly how you feel into words.

I started talking to strangers on the street. The more comfortable I was talking to people, the more I tried to meet new ones. Relationships are the most important thing you can have in life, and sometimes all it takes to lift someone's spirits, is one solid relationship to build on.

I started exercising. (Good hint: You can meet a TON of girls running) I started playing basketball at the gym. Basketball was one of my passions in school, and after I graduated I just never went out and played. I'm not saying start playing basketball, it's just an example of something I was passionate about that I let escape my life, and it really improved my spirits when I stepped back on the court.

(I'm gonna go ahead and cut myself short on this post, or else I could go on all day...)

POINT IS:

Meet new people.
    Experience new things.
    Find something your passionate about. Pursue it.

3. man i was depressed my entire adolescence, from like 7th to 11th grade. But a few that were able to bringt me out of it was i got into paintball, ever since that day i give my all and everything to it, i travel the country all year round now and do what i love. Now im not saying drop everything and pick up a paintball gun, but pick up something you love. Itd not just going to come to you you have to search. Honestly if you are in the right situation at home and are capable starting learning about horticulture and learn the art of growing your own cannabis. What ever it is man find something you can cherish, and strive for (may i subject mma, due to the fact your said prior of your anger, mixed martial arts is a great reliever of that.

With that said i would also like to say, another thing that helped me get over this emotional drought and basic hopelessness, was that you must not take anything to seriously. You have to realize all of "this" is kinda bull shit and your just along for the ride. What happens doesnt really matter, the only thing that matters is that you enjoy your self. Although i like to think i am ambiguous to death, I have come to the realization no matter what happens just let life take its course and what happens happens. You killing yourself will only bring strain on those around you and although your gone, the pain you create will never be.

Im not here to tell you how to live your life, but one thing is for sure, theres no point in wasting all that potential every single one of use possesses. Whether you think you do or not you do, its all about how you use that potential into practical everyday things. Either way I hope you make the choice you feel is best for you. Not right away, but truly think what you could possibly do with your life, if you stoped and thought about the situation. Good luck

mokkie

4. I wish I was 18 again... there is so much to do in life that I missed out on and now I'm about to turn 30 (not saying I cant catch up, i will). What I'm saying is that at your age you have the power to make your life go in ANY direction. Only you can make it better, dont take the lazy way out.

5. Haha some similar themes here.

6. smoke weed...

stop bitchin.....

7. Its true passion brings happiness, and no matter what the passion is from basketball to paintball or even religion, theres always something. And the moment you think there isnt anything left for you, stop and look around because, odds are you arnt looking hard enough.

mokkie

8. Committing suicide is very selfish. Just think about all the people you will affect. I have no remorse for people that commit suicide. Going out like a coward instead of being strong and dealing with what you are going through is a bitch move. Don't do it

9. I'm pretty sure you won't affect anyone if you die, huh. But if you want to live maybe you could think about thousands of sharp knives being stabbed into you. I'm pretty sure you are the soul of karma, do with it what you'd like.

10. Dude...you're so young. Come on. I've thought about this too but we've got our whole life ahead of us. Start one step at a time...applying to places...etc. Suicide doesn't get rid of the problem, if anything you pass down the pain and misery to loved ones instead of yourself. Life will get better, you just gotta motivate yourself to fix the problems bringing you down that aren't letting you enjoy life.

11. Listen, I LOVE YOU. Not literally but everyone needs an unbringing at some time. I am constantly depressed aswell but I found people to talk to (some friends, they are girls, and if your a guy the best person to talk to is a girl you can trust). Try to get a job. A little job. Save some money, pay rent (if you do) and start a life. You can still have a decent job without college. Start looking. Life will get better, but only if YOU do something about it. I hope this helped. Your life is worth something though and if you commited suicide just imagine how your parents would feel? And your friends/family.

13. Seriously that is the worst decision you can possibly make. I have read a lot of great posts on this thread and they are all right. I battled depression and suicidal thoughts myself and it just isn't worth it. Life will get better. It is extremely selfish to do that to the people who love you. They deserve better. Life goes on and no matter how hard it gets it will always get better.

14. this is very true, and your only 18
    there are many other people who are stuck in your shoes, just A LOT older.
    You'll get through it, you just need to pull yourself out.
    You can do this, don't give up and always look on the bright side :)

I'm a very optimistic person...
    So I want to say, "don't worry, it will be ok!!"

15. #35 DaiLLeSTeL, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
    I Love you.

what your name?

16. Listen, there are a lot of people out there that have been through exactly what you are going through, and there are probably a lot of people out there with worse things going on than what you are going through.
    My Advice:
    1. Get help. Talk to someone, whether it be a suicide hotline or a member of the clergy, therapist, cookie, prostitute, whatever. Just get help. Don't worry about money. Most states have a free mental health program, or at least a discounted program. Suicide prevention hotline: 1-800-273-8255

2. Look for something to keep you busy and get your mind off the worst. Volunteer at a homeless shelter, read a book, start a new hobby, clean up litter, get a job at mcdonald's, whatever you gotta do.

3. Get educated. If you don't have a GED, take the classes/tests. If you have a high school diploma or GED, check into an online school or local community college. Fill out a FAFSA and apply for scholarships. You'd be AMAZED at how much money is laying around to help people go to school.

4. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, keep a stiff upper lip, keep your chin up, keep your eyes on the prize, aim for the stars. Keeping a positive attitude, and you'll be amazed at how much your efforts will pay off. Seriously, once you hit rock bottom, you have no place to go but up.

17. develop a personal relationship with God. He wants to talk to you. He misses you. He loves you.
    He's gonna be the only one you can truly trust wholeheartedly.

18. To whoever posted this thread. Keep ya head up boy! everytime you think of something like that just think abot how this will affect the other around you i mean... if you decided to take your own life today what do you think your mother would feel or whoever is close o you that being friends or family members. I know life can be hard sometimes but you got to learn to look at the small things too comeon man no one wants you to even think that shit. I know i might not personnaly know you but please dont do anything like that there is enough death in the world as it is.

19. There is nothing wrong with living at your parents house man, most people that move out at 18 end up moving back anyway, your not behind schedule or anything...Just start embracing the simple things, like family and music, you will get past this. Put in some applications or go to a temp to hire agency, they will help you get a job you'll enjoy, you don't NEED college to get a job man, good luck and hang in there, there are people that care about you, whether you realize it or not

20. stop telling him to go out and do stuff. maybe he is not very good looking and does not want to go out alone as usual. he needs someone beside him, and not a guy, but perhaps a woman.