My life sucks all I think about is suicide

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Samonthy44, Apr 14, 2010.

1. #1 Samonthy44, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2010
    Thanks guise luv you all.

2. Keep that upper lip stiff man. Things have a funny way of working out.

3. dude it might get better, ya never know.

4. Go to community college, do your 2 years and get transfered to a university. I had shitty grades too this is the route you gotta take man

5. suicide is the most selfish thing you can do to the people who love you.

6. Sorry bro, life sucks some times. Don't even think about suicide that's silly you are only 18. Get out and do something go to community college, get your GED, go to a trade school, get a job, get a new GF eventually. Come on man no one is stuck in life just get out there and do your thing no one is holding you back but yourself and your thoughts. I don't have a gf right now I don't have a job right now, I live with my mom and she doesn't give me money all the time, I figure it out on my own ;) Having a gf is cool but dude really right now do you want some girl wasting all your time and energy when you need to be helping yourself out?

7. fuck killing yourself dude, I spent ages thinking about suicide all the time.

Seriously, anything you do, as long as you aren't harming anyone, is better than killing yourself.

Find something to enjoy. There is a lot more in the world than you've seen so far. I guarantee, you will have at least one day worth living, and that by itself is worth it.

It is mindblowing that priorities get mixed up to the point that we kill ourselves.

You have no obligation to stay alive, but you're going to die one day anyway, you might as well try to being alive while you are.

Your parents might never recover from that blow.

My advice, get some good films rounded up, a couple of good books. Take up an interesting hobby, like lucid dreaming or something.

And try to find someone to talk to, if there's any councelling or anything available, take it up. I did, and I swear it saved my life.

8. Hell of a first post!

Get help. Seeing a therapist was the best decision I ever made. I was nowhere close to thinking about suicide, but did go through a lot of heavy shit. Never wouldn't have been able to do it without a professional to talk to.

9. [​IMG]
    This helped me too.

10. Seriously dude, your 18. Life IS going to get better for you. No doubt you will meet someone who will make your life better in the next 70-80 years of life you have in you. No doubt you will find something in your life that will give it meaning. No doubt you will find a reason why you want to wake up every morning and say "fuck yeah i'm alive". Your going through a tough time, things will get better.

But fill your time, get out there and do things. For example : find a charity or anything that hands on helps other people. It helps A LOT! find a hobby, call up your friends, just do something and you will eventually be were you want to be. Life will get better man.

11. permanent solution to a temporary problem
    dont do it man

12. What ever you do.........DO NOT KILL YOURSELF.

Life gets better. I thought about dropping out of high school once. The school officer and admin of students talked me out of it. I am glad I didnt. Now I am half way through college and things are WAYYY better then I could ever imagine.

You will get through it.

13. Look, It's exactly like "man plus eyes" put up. I would go through periods of life where I was fucking bored senseless and had felt like I had no reason to do shit, so I just set up small goals and hacked those up one at a time. 1.) Go on a walk and enjoy nature. Check, next activity. You said you have 3 stoner friends They will go with you on a journey go find a body of water river, lake, ocean. There is literally an infinity and five things you can be doing. Take the first (non-lethal) activity that comes to mind and run with it. Get yourself a damn skateboard, something.

14. You will find a girl, that should be your last concern. You're 18, don't rush life. You need to handle your own problems first and prioritize. First should be your education, then a job. A girl should be the last thing on your mind in this situation and the last thing you're worrying about.

15. go fishing or something peaceful to preoccupy yourself. Maybe you might meet people while doing what ever it is, and create friendships.

16. I've been there man. I know how you feel. Just believe that things will get better. Every morning say to yourself "today is gonna be an awesome day" and eventually you'll start believing it. I know it sounds kinda weird but it worked for me. I started believing in the law of attraction, and now I am so much happier. Just trust me, you'll never know for sure unless you stick it out man,

good luck.

17. #17 NFloyd2357, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
    life will get better, i promise. "the universe tends to unfold as it should."

I'm bipolar, and for a while i'd go into long, serious bouts of depression where i just kept wishing i was never born. I never really thought of suicide because it was just something i knew i couldnt do... but i would think while driving my car "i wouldnt care if i got in an accident now and died..." that kinda stuff.

Then, 2 weeks ago, a good friend of mine died... for no reason. it shouldnt have happened and he was the last kid to deserve it. It made me question my whole reality and philosophy on life. I'm still confused, and it still doesn't seem real, but it made me realize how important life is, and how many others you affect when you're gone, whether you were taken by an illness, by yourself, or completely by surprise. I still get depressed, but i've switched perspectives and am trying to get rid of the apathy - when i can do that, i end up happy living in the moment and just realizing that every breath is a gift. I've never been afraid of death, and thats the gods honest truth - but i do, however, wish to live a fulfilling life now rather than always being in "fuck-it," mode, which i'm still in often. keep your head up man, your 18 - believe it or not, a lot of this is puberty, your hormones are still wacked out and may remain so for a while. I was like this from about 16, and im 21 now, just starting to grow out of it (i think)

These lyrics may help - they're so important to me they are going into my next (and first) tattoo:

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
    And you are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
    And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
    No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

oh, and learn an instrument,,, seriously. I've been playing guitar since i can remember, and playing guitar, drums, piano etc, or writing lyrics is the best outlet to make me feel better. Drums are great for getting rid of stress and anger, but guitar is the only thing that makes me feel better... it works better than drums. I was so depressed when my friend died (still am), and when i was at my friends house, we decided to jam out - i felt like i was in no mood and would suck - i ended up playing the best i've ever played, and temporarily, i was the happiest man in the world... guitar, trust me

18. Honestly, if you want your life to change, you have to do it yourself.

You can't sit around hoping things will get better, because they won't; unless you do something towards building a better life.

Even as little as thinking about wanting a better life, and taking the inititive to do something about it is better than sitting at home wishing you were dead, it probably sounds stupid, it probably sounds like i have no idea what i'm talking about and that i can't say shit because i haven't been in the situation you're going through.

Even though i'm not sure everyone has thought of suicide, everyone has had rough spots in their life. And suicide is just another way of escaping from a world that is already inescapeable.

19. #19 CSCount44, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
    Yeah, you do realize that CCs take anyone; as long as you have a high school diploma or equivalent to one (GED, equivalency test).

But don't get it twisted, there's CCs out there that are fucking amazing. I'm going to SBCC, which has the most beautiful campus and area in California I think personally.

But OP, I feel for you because we've all had our rough days and times where we don't even know how were going to get through a certain rut. But really, suicide? No offense intended, but look how selfish that is. Imagine how fucking miserable your friends and family, especially your mom are going to be if you commit suicide. We have one life, a short one at that; and to end it as so soon will be the gravest mistakes you will ever make.

When you're feeling down just remember to look at the bigger picture. Remember the possibilities that are out there for you if you really tried to apply yourself. Sitting around isnt going to change your life.

Tips on helping alleviate your situation:
    -Running for 45 minutes or weight lifting always improves my mood. (endorphins, etc)
    -As hard as it may seem; make it your DESIRE to do good and be positive.
    -Having a girlfriend or some buddies to hang out with takes your mind off of negative thoughts.

Hope this helps OP, good luck! :D

20. you're not depressed or suicidal, you are just pissed with the circumstances of your life, like you said, no job, no college. what you need to do if figure out what you want to do with your life and pursue that.