My life ruined?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by kawe7, Aug 11, 2011.

1. I'm not saying every minor will be a bad parent but alot will be and most have to drop out of school and can't go to collage so they'll have a harder time getting a job and it won't pay as much and it will stress the parents and that will stress the kid est

2. You guys could consider adoption, some adoptive parents are cool with open adoptions, so you could still see the baby occasionally. Just because neither of you want an abortion doesn't mean you have to give up your lives

3. No offense but you gotta start making some better decisions. Hope shit starts going for you bro, but congrats on being a soon to be father. Be a good one bro. Having a kid is a great thing, be happy about that.

4. Hey buddy. I havent read all the comments, just your original post. I'm really sorry to hear about that. But try and break it apart, so you can see that you do have choices.

Probation - Atleast thats all it is, you know? Could have SO easily been much much worse.
    House Party - Oh well, mother is pissed off for a while. Be nice to her, maybe buy her some flowers etc. The rest of your family don't matter, unless you live with them instead of your mother.
    Pregnant - One of those things where in movies they call the sitation "Gift or a Curse" haha. It might sound crazy, but adoption is an option. Or you could find a pair of adults who can't actually conceive and.. Well essentially you'll be "selling" the baby for a large sum (15-25 grand usually). Youre adopting the baby to a lovely nice family that you get to know that just want to have children.. For a price lol

As for the collage comment - Do you grow?

5. I saw someone post saying anyone under the age of 18 should give it up. That's a totally generalized view. I'm only 18, but I believe I have the maturity level of someone a lot older than me. I've decided I'm still going to college, so that's out of the question. I worked my ass of to get a new better paying job for this baby. I doubt my gf is thinking about adoption now... just wait until she has had the baby inside of her for 9 months. And abortion is pretty much out of the question.

For people saying I fucked up and now I have to man up.... just leave.... I wore a condom every time. Maybe I played around near the area without one possibly having precum there, or it's from leaving my condom in my wallet and that being in the car for like an hour. I probably fucked up on either of those 2... but you can obviously see that I'm manning up about this. So Fuck Off. I have never said once that I plan on leaving and never returning, I'm here for the baby and I will be twice the father that you will ever be.

6. The real deal is that you can't "unring the bell" so why even think about the what-if's and coulda, woulda, shoulda. What you have to focus on is the here and now. You're about to become a father, there are much worse things than that. Be thankful you are still alive to die another day. Formulate a plan and do what you have to do to take care of your new family. Nothing more important that keeping your girlfriend from stressing out and fucking your kid up mentally. Perhaps this kid could be like the kid in Terminator and grows up to save the world or do something really significant...

7. I'd say it would be short sighted to drop out of college, honestly. You would be better equipped to manage a family a lot better with some form of higher education. Otherwise, try and get an apprenticeship with a company to give a career.

GL

8. Remember, there's allay somebody who's life sucks worse than yours.

9. Yeah that's true. Being a dad will be a learning experience. I just feel bad for her, she will have to go through so much more. Oh well, you can't change the past, only the future.

10. Did you go to the clinic for the test?

11. Nah man, not yet, need to find some money before doing that. Don't get paid till next friday ftl.

12. Things have gotten better. We both arn't worrying about it now. We are just going to have a good time and hope for the best.

I do have a question for you guys. She still smokes black n milds and drinks ocassionally. When is the time you have to quit that stuff before it starts messing with the baby? I don't want to have a messed up baby

13. #93 mrharti420, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2011
    Fucking horrible to even joke about. Karma's a powerful fucking force dude.
    OP, good luck and it seems like you're doing the right thing. It's going to be hard as fucking shit, but if you do it, you're a fucking superhero and did one of the hardest things anyone can do. Good luck. Hopefully you'll be able to stay in touch with MaryJane, i'm sure it'd help but i dont know if that'd be a good idea. Have fun with it too, man, it's not all hard work

EDIT: Tell her to stop everything ^ ASAP. None of that is good for the baby, ever

14. I might be wrong but I think it affects the baby from the start of pregnancy. Smoking can cause sleep apnea, low birth weight, asthma and other things so its best if she stops now so it wont be hard later on.

Drinking during pregnancy can cause birth defects, learning disabilities, increase risk of miscarriage etc.

15. Yep...she needs to stop that shit pronto.....its not about her anymore....I have a 16 yr old btw...Soon as I found out I was preg...stopped smokin the weed while I was in that state and a few yrs after

16. Trust me on this. You are gonna need to be one devoted mother fucker if you want to give your kid a even halfway decent life.

Think about an abortion. Do you really want to start the trend of poverty and failure in your family? Chances are your kid will grow up and make the same mistakes as you.

Your gun ho now, but in two years when your studying for an exam and your baby is bawling your gonna be like "Fuckkkkkkkkkk"

17. He said hes girl is not getting an abortion.

18. I know man. idgaf. I wish my rents woulda done it

19. That sucks

20. Uh no, chances aren't that his kid will grow up and make the same mistakes as him.

I come from an extremely poor family. We never had enough food, and I wore shoes with holes in them to school almost daily. What we lacked in money and food, my parents more than made up with love. I know my parents cared about all of us, even if they couldn't provide me with all the materialistic BS that I wanted. I'm still poor as hell, but I'm making waves and progressing toward being the man that I want to be. I don't need riches for that, and neither does any other kid born into this world if they have worthwhile parents.

Babies are alot of work. Of course he's going to have a stressful time. But this baby could be just the blessing in disguise that he and his girlfriend need to become better people (not saying that they aren't great already). To a responsible parent, babies are simultaneously the best and worst things that could ever happen to you. They break the bank, they cry and need fed constantly, but they're a source of joy for alot of people.

One only needs the right attitude (read: drop the ego) to see that a baby will change their life for the better in many ways.