My life ruined?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by kawe7, Aug 11, 2011.

1. They're annoying. Just report them.

If it turns out that shes pregnant, will you get a sonogram to see if its a boy or girl or will you wait until birth?

2. Pretty new to this. Around how much would a sonogram cost? If it's out of my budget we will just have to wait and see.

3. #63 gwardmonger316, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Won't get a sonogram until at least 10 weeks. Everything is expensive as hell. A doctor charged us $350 after the delivery, just to come in and check on my girlfriend. Crazy. State insurance helped us out a lot.

4. #64 kawe7, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
    Damn. That's complete bullshit. This is why I want to live in Canada. Fuck America. Well don't fuck America because I like the idea of America... But Fuck the government.

5. theirs a drug that increases your chances of getting a certain type of kid i beleive

6. nah homie, your life aint ruined...

your just about to become a man.. or you'll be a punk.. but judging by your post, i'd say your more likely to be a man.

7. this is what you do.

go to college. get EVERY FORM OF FINANCIAL AID YOU CAN.

and know that your capable. because you are. now you got another life besides your own you are responsible for.. that means.. double the work.

if i can do it, you can do it.

8. if your genetic pool is as tainted as most of the world, you should order an abortion, stat.

9. #69 sincerestarr, Aug 12, 2011
    You'll have to have one, it normally is included in the cost of doctor... You should have her apply for Medicaid, and WIC... She can get WIC as soon as she is confirmed pregnant, she will also get Medicaid... They will cover all expenses by the doctor... Even the sonogram!! :) it's the best part!' you will initially get one to check the heart and make sure it's pumping... It actually looks like a flicker of light at about 4-6 weeks... It's amazing that the heart forms first! Then at around 14/16 weeks you will get another to measure the head and stomach... Then the sex!!!... And some doctors will do one more usually closer to birth for a weight guesstimate for delivery! WIC will provide, Formula, cereal, cheese, milk, eggs, bread, peanut butter farmers market or fresh vegetable checks, beans, fish if she decides to breast feed and pretty much double it if she is breast feeding you get so much milk omg it's crazy! Like I used to get 11 gallons a month!! Lol also formula is about 16-18 dollars a can on the east coast... My son is a big boy and eats almost a can a day do 18x's 30 days in a month.. You'll be wanting that WIC.. There is however no one I know that helps with diapers... Your better to try to find a church or some place that helps with that... Some WIC offices will buy you furniture and stuff if you need it! There are a lot of local govt programs that she will learn about but the best thing to do is ask when she goes to DSS to apply for Medicaid.. Good luck and keep us posted (also check into government housing... If you don't like their section 8 or whatever try to see if there is a program that will let you rent any house as long as the landlord let's the state inspect the house, and they will cover your rent and you just pay 30% of your income to them... Its basically based off pay.. Some people i know pay $40 a month for their house AND get light assistance... So their bills a month are like $200 max!! Hope I helped

10. OP have you considered becoming a rockstar?

11. @sincerestar, WIC is a lifesaver, but he's in Canada so I'm not sure if they have any similar programs, or if medical expenses will really even be an issue for him.
    But yeah, medical professionals are financial rapists, and the American government at this point is... Less than desirable. They still have welfare programs, though, so I can't talk too much shit.

12. #72 sincerestarr, Aug 12, 2011
    Lol can you tell I had a kid by myself lol... You learn to survive but thank god now I am on my feet, you just have to willing to meet to look for it OP, call your local govt and see what is and option

13. #73 gwardmonger316, Aug 12, 2011
    Can't imagine the past couple months without my girlfriend to help. I commend you for your single parenthood!

14. :eek: You serious?

15. Aha edited my post. I live in America, but I wan't to live in Canada. Can I get WIC still living at home? or is that if I get kicked out?

16. #76 gwardmonger316, Aug 12, 2011
    I believe you can get WIC at home, my girlfriend did for the few months she was still home after the pregnancy began, but it was also a relatively low income home. I'm not for sure, it'd be best to call and request information.

Also, I heard something on the radio about a study with results showing that a male eating a lot of bananas and potatoes would be more likely to give sperm to create a boy. Don't remember the girl foods. My girlfriend was pissed when she heard it, because I love bananas haha and she was hoping for a girl.

17. having a kid is where u fucked up.....i mean ,thats an 18 plus year commitment u just set yourself up for...and if u run they will get your ass with impossible child support fees....damn dude..this is a life form on its way and your the father...life is about to change for you as you know it..

18. #78 sincerestarr, Aug 12, 2011
    She can still get WIC at home! She needs to apply though, you cannot get it... It's women/infant/children (WIC) but trust me there's plenty for both of you lol

19. IMO you shouldn't keep the baby no one under 18 who gets pregenent should it will fuck up the parents life and IMO most 17 year olds aren't mature enough to have a baby please for your sake and the babys give it up

20. #80 sincerestarr, Aug 12, 2011
    Excuse me... But that is not true, I believe there are a lot of girls/women that aren't ready for it.. At any age... But that is invalid for me, as single mom at 17... I did it... And now I'm doing absolutely fine... I've successfully raised a 4 year old little girl and a little boy turning one Sunday... You wouldn't have known that unless I told you... Just like you do not know the OP.. So you cannot make a statement like that and stand behind it