Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My life is ruined

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by iibrahim264, Jun 26, 2015.

1. I've had anxiety all my life. Recently I got caught smoking after I smoked at the park and came home high. I was feeling very anxious and uneasy. I just finished high school and it's the first day of summer. Anyway I got caught smoking and my mom kicked me off the car insurance. Now I have no way to get to my job that starts in a couple weeks. I got kicked out of my house. I have like $300 in my bank account idk what to do. My mom just laughs when I say I use it for anxiety and I tell her it's safer than alcohol or cigarettes but she keeps saying " ur a drug addict". What should I do?

2. #2 puddleglum, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
    EVERYBODY feels anxiety, it is just part of being human. You are lucky to have a job. You are lucky to be young and have your whole life ahead of you. You are lucky to have a family that cares about you. You are an adult now, and your mom has no obligation to provide you with free transportation. Millions of people walk, bike, or ride the bus to work every day. Hang in there, work hard, mend relationships, treat people with love & respect, and you will be okay, I promise! YOUR LIFE IS NOT RUINED!!! [​IMG]

3. Thanks. I'm a super productive person. I studied hours a day and went through hell to get this job. It sucks that my lazy brother sleeps all day but because I smoke weed I'm labelled as the loser of the family

4. just go out there and make your life man. you got 300 bucks, thats enough to get u to your job if you catch the bus until you can afford insurance.

your mom is obviously not there for you, so ignore her ignorant attitude and use that as motivation to take yourself to new heights and prove her stupid ass wrong about weed!

5. #5 Tiama Plop, Jun 26, 2015
    I agree with puddleglum. Get a bike or ride the bus. This experience will make you stronger as long as you take responsibility/accountability for where you are and remain positive. You got to do what you got to do to make this job work!

Regarding your mum, that's deep! What my advice would be would be to not speak to her for a little while, a few weeks maybe a month or so. Then make contact again and say you are sorry. Forget trying to to convince her to support your habit, it's not gonna happen. Things must have already been pretty fragile between the two of you? What happened in between getting taken off the insurance and getting kicked out of the house?

Weed might be physically safer than cigarettes and alcohol but it seems have to caused a lot more damage to your relationships and your life than either one of those could have in this time. You gotta look at the bigger picture. Stop trying to convince your mum that it's OK, like I said. She has obviously made up her mind.

Where are you sleeping? Accessing the internet?

6. I slept in my backyard last night and I'm at Burger King chilling and using their wifi. The worst part is the job is manual labor and it's an hour bike ride from my house

7. Do you have your own vehicle or are you sharing a vehicle with your mom?

8. We shared her van. She works nights so my day job would've worked out

9. Then you'll have to start biking, maybe get a cheap 20 dollar motel close to were you work, if you can get back in your house grab what you can use and a backpack. Stay fed and hydrated, cheep food will be best you'll need all the money you have

10. #10 Tiama Plop, Jun 26, 2015
    Ok, well keep sleeping in your backyard if it's safe. Don't be trying to beg your mum though, just get on with life. She'll miss you if you make some space, which will give you an opportunity to say sorry and get back inside the house further down the line.

It goes without saying that you can't be spending that last $300 you have on weed.

You seem a decent kid and I do sympathise with your situation a lot. But no one here would be doing you any favours if we were to sugar coat it. It's a tough spot but you gotta be a man about it.

Is there no public transport? I used to cycle 10 miles to work and 10 miles back, up and down some pretty nasty hills too. It was tough and I wouldn't have been able to keep doing it forever in terms of my lifestyle but it was doable for a short period of time. I did it for about 4 months.

Sometimes it's only when you aren't left with any other options that you realise how strong you are and what you're capable of. And once you do, you will never forget it. If you stay positive this could be a really good experience for you. You ready to become a man?

11. Appreciate the support

12. #12 nevrmindedness, Jun 26, 2015
    Stay positive man. Your mom sounds like she sucks. Make her regret it, success is the best revenge.

13. Make money fuck bitches.

As in, have a job. And fuck your mom she sounds like a bitch.

14. Guess so but what about my summer of senior year. All my friends parents let them get drunk as fuck and do whatever but I used a plant to help me cope with it

15. So what's the law? Can she legally deny you the housing? I take it you're from US there must be some social security for your type of situation.

16. Parents' house, parents' rules. They could get in trouble or even lose the house if they let you do illegal things. Don't like it? Move out. Life isn't fair. If you think other parents letting their kids "get drunk as fuck" is a good thing, then you've got a little more growing up to do. You are lucky your mom cares about you more than that! ;)

17. Comment made everything better lol

18. Lol This is the best advice i've heard on anything ever.
    Seriously though, there are good people out there who are totally willing to help a hard worker. Reach out to your friends and maybe even to your job (just don't sound too scarily desperate). You're going to find out which of your friends are really your friends. And you'll probably make some genuine ones too. People want to help. Especially if it's helping someone who has something to offer like hard work and/or general positivity.
    Most important thing though is to keep your head up! This is going to make a great story when youre older and successful and smoking whenever you want in your own house.

19. That's fucked up man. In all seriousness, try crashing with a friend for a while or getting a cheap motel room until you figure something out. You may have to invest in using the bus too. Is she really going to make you homeless over weed?

20. Just checking in to see if there are any updates to your situation since you last posted?