My Letter to Our Government

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Doughboy04, Feb 20, 2009.

1. The fact that the government feels they can tell anyone what they can and can not put into their own body is fucking ridiculous.

hey you cant sell this plant cause i said so!

Fuck.

Thank you for writing this.

2. the fliers are from a medical marijuana outfit in washington

3. I just got done emailing my representatives and senators from my district, proposing that they support HB 164. I urge you all to let your voices be heard. Thanks again everyone for the comments.

4. #24 Gilu, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
    great letter but sorry man I don't think the prez will ever see it

their little pawns usually just reply to these letters with a pre-set answer

but lets hope for the best :D

edti: also Madrid after reading your post all my 7th grade educations comes flooding back into my brain :p

5. I swear that i'll keep mailing and emailing this until I get some attention.I'm seriously thinking about posting around the Internet and getting support from others. Couldn't hurt at all to try.

6. Everyone should fuck congresses mail room up with legalize weed propaganda! It should also flood the streets! Shit on laws against plants! Especially plants that help you! prop.jpg

7. yea thats takin it to another level

its a well written letter too so it might work

8. That little handout is full of fail.

"Pot is not a road hazard" - It does effect driving and I wouldn't condone anyone to drive under the influence of a mind altering substance.

"Weed doesn't kill braincells" - Brain Cells is 2 words. lol

"The bible says it's ok" - I've never read verse that said it was ok to smoke weed.

"Weed doesn't cause crime" - It actually does cause crime because of the prohibition.

"Wanting to get high is normal" - Seriously?

So pretty much that handout is a piece of trash. We could easily come up with a better one to point out the benefits and truths about marijuana. But please don't hand that one out because I think it would do more harm than good.

9. Thanks so much for writing this and I think everyone here appreciates what you are doing.

10. we need more people like you who are willing to write to our politicians about legalization.

on my behalf, thanks man.

11. While you're right about not condoning it and not advertising it there seems to be very little to no impairment at all during driving both anecdotal and empirical: http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7459

Right about brain cells

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. Genesis 1:29\t\t\t\t

Weed doesn't cause crime. Prohibition causes crime.

Yes it is normal. Across cultures, across time, every culture has written about intoxicating themselves. Ayahuasca, peyote, fly agaric, opium, alcohol and hundreds of others. It is human nature to want to alter your consciousness.

12. Yes, but that little advertisement is horrible for the cause, as it sounds like a classic "pot head" rant and non-smokers would not take it seriously. It makes baseless claims and does not really back up any of it's information.

It's the flat earth syndrome we're dealing with here folks. You can go on and on about how the world is round, but unless you really have proof that the earth is round, well those flat-earthers will not believe you.

13. Definately but anytime I see some false or even near-false info about Cannabis I have to quickly respond because lies are what kept prohibition alive for so long.

We don't want to tell people that don't use marijuana that it's not dangerous to use, we want to tell them how it affects them through crime, money, and morals.

14. Matticus, do you happen to go by that name in any other forums?

15. #35 PeTTa, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2009
    You guys are talking some real good :D It's times like these that I wish you could have virtual sessions. The time has come to change this injustice, there is not one reason why this wonderful substance should be illegal! Oh and by the way, I drive stoned every single day and have only been in one accident, which wasn't my fault. Marijuana is completely condonnable to do while driving.

16. I think the propaganda is awesome:smoking:. Also I might be crazy but I think I drive better when Im high I pay more attention to everything including rules and laws. the brain cell thing isnt that important.

17. Everyone wants to get high seriously! Weed doesnt cause violent crimes and stuff like crack would like cannabalism and stuff its not that serious.

18. There is also lots of people to go along with it and people who are simple enough to believe it. Anyway thats just an example.

19. Got this back from my local representaive today by email> This is in favor of House Bill 164 in Texas, to support Medical Marijuana. I urge everyone to contact their local legislatures and let our voices be heard.

Dear Mr. ,

Thank you so much for the e-mail. I will make sure it is a part of Rep. Riddle's folder on HB 164 so she is able to measure her constituent's opinions on this issue. In the meantime, if we can be of any additional assistance to you on this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our door is always open to you!

Sincerely,

Jon English
    Chief of Staff
    State Representative Debbie Riddle
    phone: (512)-463-0572
    fax: (512-463-1908
    P.O. Box 2910
    Austin, TX 78768-2910
    jon.english@house.state.tx.us

20. Incorrect use of campaign. The word you're looking for is "administration".

Other than that, it was good and to the point.:)