My letter to Obama

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Tincup74, Jul 5, 2011.

1. It is not the best letter... but it came straight from the dome and it is how I feel.... So here it is....

Dear Mr. President,

I do not appreciate the way you handled your 1st presidential race. You said all the right things to get the "Marijuana Movement" on your side. Even after you got elected you put out the memo stating basically you was going to let the states handle their own business. The prohibition of marijuana is totally unjustified. If you was to outlaw alcohol, nicotine, among other "Legal" drugs I could go along with keeping marijuana illegal. If you are going to allow some items that are far far far more harmful than marijuana to be legal then that is just plain crazy thinking. Anyone that looks at this argument from a scientific and humane approach ALWAYS sides with us. There is soooo much good stuff coming out these days and sooo many people are with us now. The people of America would support changing the law (50%+ already do) especially when presented with all the arguments.

BASICALLY all im saying is I expected more from you. You was a down to earth type person and I was happy to vote for you. Then you got trapped in "politics" :( Problem is you did not fight for us... you rolled over...

You could come out and say you support us now and there is a TON of people who would say to late...

You could have been great. But you let Washington get to ya. :( so sad :(

Crying in my worse for you than marijuana beer,

XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX

2. #2 kojopolis, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2011
    he's just a puppet, an actor
    i really don't think i have to elaborate on this

and should i read this in a bible belt accent? i think so..

3. I laugh every time I see your signature. Thank you.

4. monkeys can't read, try writing it in sign language

5. #5 I'm Not Sober, Jul 6, 2011
    "you was going to let the states handle their own business"

"If you was to outlaw alcohol, nicotine, among other "Legal" drugs I could go along with keeping marijuana illegal"

"You was a down to earth type person and I was happy to vote for you"

You was gonna send this to the president?

6. Mr. Obama is definitely going to take his opinions into consideration. Fuck everyone else.

7. #7 Tincup74, Jul 6, 2011
    lol, naw.. I did send this... One of them things where ya read something and just start typing... Yes ya should read it with a bible belt accent... lol...

It was just an email msg though.... If it was a formal letter or some shit I would have went outta my way to make sure everything was up to snuff... seeing how it was a rant for the most part.... screw it...

***EDIT*** I guess I should have put "My email to the president" ogh well...

8. It shouldn't matter if it is email or snail mail. If you are writing to an elected official you should always make sure everything is 'up to snuff' if you ever expect it to be read.

9. Pretty much... Regardless there's still a low chance of it getting read no matter how good it is. So you might wanna make it a good letter OP :)

10. if you saw WAS one more time it might make sense:D

11. Obama gets about 10,000 letters a day. His staff sorts through them and about 10 get selected for him to actually read and respond to.

12. When the president talks to God
    Are the conversations brief or long?
    Does he ask to rape our women’s rights
    And send poor farm kids off to die?
    Does God suggest an oil hike
    When the president talks to God?

When the president talks to God
    Are the consonants all hard or soft?
    Is he resolute all down the line?
    Is every issue black or white?
    Does what God say ever change his mind

Does he fake that drawl or merely nod?
    Agree which convicts should be killed?
    Where prisons should be built and filled?
    Which voter fraud must be concealed

I wonder which one plays the better cop
    We should find some jobs. the ghetto's broke
    No, they're lazy, George, I say we don't
    Just give 'em more liquor stores and dirty coke
    That's what God recommends

Do they drink near beer and go play golf
    While they pick which countries to invade
    Which Muslim souls still can be saved?
    I guess god just calls a spade a spade

Does he ever think that maybe he's not?
    That that voice is just inside his head
    When he kneels next to the presidential bed
    Does he ever smell his own bullshit

I doubt it

I doubt it

13. And this affirms to me that we should all get involved. Although the OP's letter may need some more polishing, he is taking a step that I am unfortunately aware of that many will not.

It is a person like the OP that means so much in the effort to legalize our herb

14. You write so well OP.

[​IMG]

15. I personally believe that this letter are will be unable to do so because, uh, some . . . people out there in our forums don't have grammars and, uh, I believe that our, uh, marijuana like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our marijuana over HERE in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our hemp, for our children.

16. Haha I get that reference ^ +rep

17. The chance it is going to get read by Obama is 0%, unfortunatley.

And yea, thanks for the "change", mr. President.

18. #18 Tincup74, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
    I gotta hand it to some of you guys... It is like some of ya went 1/2 way with the bashing me on my msg to the pres. I do agree with the people that state if you do send something to people in power then make it grammatically correct etc... The reality of that is (to me) a simple fact that not everyone in America can write "proper" letter... Some people sit down and just write what is on their mind regardless if punctuation or spelling or whatever it is.. It might not be the "best" way to get-er-done... but does it mean the writers points are invalid or anymore less important to him or anyone else because the letter was not written by an English professor or some shit???? No it does not...

Point is ANYTHING in a positive light is helping... That single letter is more than probably 75% of the posters on here do...

If anything EVERYONE should sent short little letters like that... I could make it a "Daily msg to the pres" type thing I do...lol... At the min it would show there is interest from everyday Americans...

I gotta head to work... let the trolling begin..lol

***Edit*** Was tempted to fix some things not "flowing" like I wanted and some spelling and shit... but Ogh freaking well... ya get the point I hope...

19. #19 xsouthparkx, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
    You have to realize how important writing a solid letter really is. Your message may be good but your grammatical errors are terrible. Overall you have a poor essay. You don't see McDonald's ads have spelling errors, do you? That would make them look bad.

That's a fact not an opinion. There are jobs that make you write a paragraph about yourself. Why do they do this? Mostly to check your English.

EDIT:
    I hate typing from iphones/ipads.

20. You were very polite in your letter.

I would have just told him to go fuck himself.