My letter from Tim Scott

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by SCjagsFan17, Jul 10, 2011.

1. It seems this guy is highly misinformed when it comes to Cannabis.
    Dear Mr. Kennon:

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 2306, the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011. As you may know, the bill has been referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce as well as the Committee on the Judiciary. I always appreciate your input and the opportunity to address your concerns.

This bill seeks to limit the application of federal laws to the distribution and consumption of marijuana and for other purposes. H.R. 2306 would not legalize marijuana but would remove regulation of marijuana from the federal level and leave it to the discretion of each state. In addition, the bill seeks to strike marijuana from the federal list of controlled substances, granting each state the power to decide whether to regulate, tax, or prohibit marijuana. It would also limit the federal government's role in combating cross-border and interstate smuggling of marijuana which could affect the federal government's ability to combat the growth, use, and sale of the drug.

There is growing scientific evidence documenting the health risks associated with marijuana use including adverse effects on the lungs, the cardiovascular system, and possibly the immune and reproductive systems. However, I also understand the great importance of preserving the rights bestowed to the States.

Thank you again for contacting me with your thoughts on this important issue. If I can be of assistance to you in any other way, please feel free to contact me.

For more information from Washington, please visit my website at U.S. Congressman Tim Scott | First District of South Carolina and subscribe to my monthly e-newsletter.
    Sincerely,
    [​IMG]
    Tim Scott
    Member of Congress

2. "There is growing scientific evidence documenting the health risks associated with marijuana use including adverse effects on the lungs, the cardiovascular system, and possibly the immune and reproductive systems."

email him back and ask him where you can see the growing scientific evidence? Also along with your email, send him scientific evidence that marijuana does none of those things.

3. Don't forget to send him Granny Stormcrow's list. Printed out it looks really impressive.

4. Wow. Thanks for that enlightening response there, Congressman Fencesitter. :D

Paraphrasing:
    "I realize the Federal Laws on Marijuana have no Constitutional basis. I am going to see how this all pans out as it relates to special interests, and I'll get back to you on this once I am assured I have secured the special interests which will place me back in office while simultaneously placating the people, and most importantly, servicing my corporate keepers. I realize that any opposition to marijuana has been based on junk science, but I'll mention it here anyway, just so we don't look like total hypocrites for upholding these unConstitutional laws for so long, while mentioning states' rights, so that you at least THINK there is hope that I'll come to my senses and vote for sanity. I applaud your optimism. But don't hold your breath."

Signed,

Senator Fencesitter (replace with any Dem or Rep of your choosing.) ;)

5. lol what a dumbass. smoking weed makes me horny. how does it cause sexual dysfunction?

6. Thanks for the links everyone, I replied asking him for evidence backing up his claims. I also posted the links Stormcrow has up and basically ended it there.

7. Haha that is how it all is anyhow.

If we can just get one power figure to legalize cannabis... Just one state, it will become a domino effect

8. #9 RIPCheynobyl, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    He's claiming it makes your sperm less potent not makes you less horny.

9. You don't think they already know that? Besides, pretty sure it was legalised or decriminalised in Alaska wasn't it?

10. Yea and he is lying on that one too. I have seen reports in the science/medical community saying differently and also my neighbor who is 36 and been smoking is whole life has +5 kids so i think that says something lol.

11. I would be surprised if any of the SC reps supported the bill. Even Clyburn.