My leaves are yellowing and wilting

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Blunt speaker, Jan 13, 2008.

1. I am not sure what is going on exactly. I am on my second grow. This time its moroc x afgani and ice. My plants were in veg for about 6 weeks. They have been flowering for about 3 weeks now. I had some issues where it got as cold as 58 degrees f. Now its not that bad. I got it up to 68 degrees when the lights off. and 75 when on. I revegged a k2 plant and put her to flower. Most of the leaves turned yellow and I pulled them off with ease. The ice started to flower without me even changing the light cycle. I did put it in 12 12 lighting right away. The moroc afgani is still in veg cuz I wanna clone. I transplanted her in a bigger pot. The leaves have a slight yellow in them and the leaves are a little wilty. The coldest it has gotten in that cab is low 60's. I know its not good but I don't have many alternatives. I have been using tap water and mixing it with epsom salt everytime to lower the ph of the tap water. I use fox farms nutes and with accuracy. Every other watering. I would like to know why the leaves on the plants in flowering chamber are yellow and falling off. It has gotten as hot as 80 degrees in the cab but not often at all. Can anyone help me out. I have a few different things going on here and no real plan. I have a veg cab and a flowering cab. I wanna clone but I cant find the right conditions for it. Im limited on cash so I need it to be feasible. does anyone have any good ideas for me?

thank you,
    Blunt speaker

Ps. This is an indoor soil grow

2. I'm having about the same problem, my 2 flowering babies are having trouble with leaves yellowing, browning, and then falling off. What nutes (if any) are you using?

3. fox farms- grow big, extra strength, big bloom.

4. You are not supposed to use Epsom salt with every watering. If you build up deposits of to much Magnesium and Sulfur this will cause a nutrient lock out of other important Nutrients giving the plant Nutrient deficiencies. And this is made even worse by using tap water which contains chlorine, minerals and metals. I suggest you get at least 3, 5 gallon jugs for purified water. flush your plants with 2 jugs and use the third for a Nutrient feeding. And continue to use purified water as much as possible only use tap in emergencies.

5. Thank you very much for the advice. I will do this asap. I must have misread the information given to me. I have mixed rain water with tap water. I have also used rain water straight up. This isn't bad I hope. Should I add nutes after flushing or should I just flush the soil and let it dry before watering it again. When should I use nutes when it comes to flushing.

6. Flush well with 10 gallons and use the other 5 gallons to feed with nutrients 24 hours later, Then allow to dry out for 3-5 days before the next feeding.

Oh and Rain water is fine as long you catch it a clean bucket that has never contained any chemicals.

7. Thank you I will do that today.