My leaves are turning brown help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by needhelpyo, Oct 20, 2012.

1. i transplanted a few plants into a hydroponic system three weeks ago. my plants weren't doing well in soil. also added a new baby at the same time. the baby is doing fine.the others were doing alot better but now the tips of the leaves on them are turning brown and curling up. i tried using less nut, raised the light, and changed the water but nothings helping. i tried looking up what it could be but the closest i found was a mag deficiency. its still doesnt really look like that either. can someone please help!!!! :(

Attached Files:

2. Sounds like they got shocked bad. What are the temps. I would flush everything out and put in fresh nutes that are PH tested. They should show recovery in a few days.

3. i did i changed the water twice i usually do i twice a week . i made the hydroponic system and there seems to be light getting inside somehow. brown algae will start to grow so i try to keep the water clean. and yeah these plants have been through hell. lol this is my first grow and i just couldnt do the soil. had to change over. its made a huge diff. i just didnt know what happened all of a sudden. its hard to do a constant light cycle with the way my work schedule is too. so the lights are on diff times. one has the white hairs starting. these are just bag seeds too so do you think that might have any thing to do with it? should i just start over with new fresh babies?

4. i had the same problem and i washed the roots for a few hours in Ph'd water and then put it back in the nute solution. Looked much happier the next day and the browning stopped... I would try that!

5. #5 tplat, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    You went from soil a more forgiving growing method to a hydro method that isnt as forgiving when problems pop up. In hydro when problems pop up they can hit fast and hard giving you less time to correct the problem then compaired to soil. Whats your PH reading and as for algae that can be caused by light getting in and or the res water is to warm. There are products you can buy to help deal with algae  but fixing light leaks is one way also using black tubing is better then clear tubing for air lines.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-symptoms-pictures