my leaves are pointing almost straight up... is something wrong?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stevethegrass, May 4, 2010.

1. its a bit of an exaggeration but they are about a week and a half old under 2 cfl lights ( im purchasing my 3rd soon) and the first set of weed looking leaves ( i think they are the polycottons or something) are pointing up more than ive seen in other guides and things by quite a bit is it just a fathers paranoia or is something wrong?

2. That's a good thing, brah. They're reaching for the light.

3. thanks man im just really new at this and i want everything to go right ya know?

4. Yeah, man. It's all good. The City is here to help. You have any pics? Pics will get you way more responses.

5. im still a bit skeptical about putting them up on the interwebs i know they help ( even though its a phone camera..) but i just dont feel comftorable nothing personal to the city

6. I understand. If it makes you feel any better, the website is hosted in Amsterdam. And, only pictures aren't enough evidence to prove you guilty of anything. But, whatever you wanna do.:p

7. hahaha thanks brah when the problems become more serious than are the leaves at the right angle ill post some lol

8. haha. Alright. Welcome to the City, anyway!:wave:

9. i dont know science behind a plants actions but most plants seem to reach for the light when it is brightest. At night the plant droops and relaxes. Animals behave the same way. I use to admire my salvia plant back before i all but killed it. Most of the time the leave would hang normally and made for a nice looking plant. Under artificial light indoors, it had a time during mid day that the leaves would all stand up. It just looked like it was in a good mood. I suppose once it had it's fill of light it would relax again.

My MJ plant's leaves start growing in a more verticle position as the leaves reach a mature size they lay flat and stop growing. I can only assume there is a good reason that the leaves of plants start out verticle then flatten or hang. Although i don't exaclty know what that reason is cause they seem to be able to get more light if spread out flat instead of pointing up. Thing to consider as that these actions are genentic traits based on the plant being in it's natural environment.