My latest organic soil mix...

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Gardengineer, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Alright, I was going to use straight coco coir and make LC's mix #1 but the hydro store I went to is pretty high priced... $17 for 2.5 cuft of coir, so I scrambled and just went with a different mix that am hoping to get fair results with until the next time I can find a better coco supplier. Here is my mix...

2.5 cuft FFOF (16 gals)
    1.5 cuft Roots Organic (coco, 9 gals)
    4 gals FF Chunky Perlite
    4 gals EWC 1-0-0
    4 gals straight coco coir
    4.5 cups dolomite lime (2tbs per gal)

That will be my main mix of roughly 38 gals of soil, my flowering mix will be the same but with 1tbs per gal of Peace of Mind Fruit and Flower 5-8-4 added. Hoping to use EWC tea twice or three times max during veg, and a EWC/Guano tea twice or three times during flower. Soil is being wetted with 1tbs per gal Liquid Karma to let cook.

Sound like a decent mix both ways? I am letting the mixes cook for two weeks or so before use so any help or additions to the mix I can still do. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Anyone have anything they would add to the mix while I let it cook?

3. Well I,m pretty new at the organic soil thing but in the mix I just did (similar to yours) I also added some Azomite for the trace minerals, or Ive also seen glacial rock dust used in a similar manner. Hope this helps.
    Peace,
    Mud

4. Good thought, but I figure in my teas I add liquid seaweed/kelp which makes up for the trace minerals, I also use blackstrap molasses, fish emulsion, and apple cider vinegar. The vinegar can be used for pH help and has up to 60 trace minerals in it.